• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Dealer installed batteries

Geo

What size batteries did your dealer install when you purchased your fifth wheel?
2 batteries? 100ah? AGM?
If you don't think they installed big enough batteries what would you wish for realistically?
Thank you

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Unless you purchase the upgraded solar package from Alliance, then the battery you get is whatever the dealer provides. There is no battery from Alliance, without the upgraded solar. I'd tend to agree, that any battery a dealer provide is very low end...most likely a flooded battery. If you just from from site to site, where power is always available, a small 100 amp hour lithium will be more than enough. If you decide to boonbock for days at a time, that is a whole different conversation. We have 2000w of solar and 810 amp hours of Lithium batteries and I am installing a 50 amp dc-to-dc charger very soon.

CornCrib

Unless you purchase the upgraded solar package from Alliance, then the battery you get is whatever the dealer provides. There is no battery from Alliance, without the upgraded solar. I'd tend to agree, that any battery a dealer provide is very low end...most likely a flooded battery. If you just from from site to site, where power is always available, a small 100 amp hour lithium will be more than enough. If you decide to boonbock for days at a time, that is a whole different conversation. We have 2000w of solar and 810 amp hours of Lithium batteries and I am installing a 50 amp dc-to-dc charger very soon.
Looking forward to see your install of (I presume) the new Victon 50amp Orion XS.

Geo

Update: The dealer installed 2x FLA 65Ah Interstate brand batteries. Adequate — in my opinion — but would rather have AGM at least.
BTW - In this '24 Paradigm 310RL there is no inverter (nor prep for one) as the fridge is 12v "Residential".

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Update: The dealer installed 2x FLA 65Ah Interstate brand batteries. Adequate — in my opinion — but would rather have AGM at least.
BTW - In this '24 Paradigm 310RL there is no inverter (nor prep for one) as the fridge is 12v "Residential".
That is not very much power, considering you only get to use ~50% of FLD (and AGM) battery amp hours. So with 2x65 amp hour batteries, you think you have 130 but really you only get to use 65. A single 100 amp hour lithium battery will give you the full 100. Just something to consider if you ever plan on camping overnight somewhere, without power hookups.

If you have 18 mins to waste...you can watch the video linked below, I did a few years ago (pre Alliance purchase), talking about this difference between battery types.

Reactions: Geo