• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Creaking bathroom countertop - 30RLS

MikeLindaTarach

Just completed our first trip with our 30RLS. On the return leg (last stop) of our 3000 mile trip, I stepped into the bathroom and the sink countertop is creaking. If I step up to 2 feet to any side of the sink (including the hallway), it creaks. Any thoughts? No signs of water leak.

Other than Miller Moths in Colorado, this is the only issue we had.

CharlieO

Just completed our first trip with our 30RLS. On the return leg (last stop) of our 3000 mile trip, I stepped into the bathroom and the sink countertop is creaking. If I step up to 2 feet to any side of the sink (including the hallway), it creaks. Any thoughts? No signs of water leak.

Other than Miller Moths in Colorado, this is the only issue we had.
My bathroom floor creaks and it coincided with water in the storage compartment coming from an unknown source. Dealer service found that the pex line to freshwater tank was leaking because of not being clamped when built. Clamp was hanging loose on pipe!

MikeLindaTarach

My bathroom floor creaks and it coincided with water in the storage compartment coming from an unknown source. Dealer service found that the pex line to freshwater tank was leaking because of not being clamped when built. Clamp was hanging loose on pipe!
I checked the storage area this weekend. Even took the angled wall piece off and no trace of water.

Coco

The steps in our 310 creaked awful so we used caulk under them and it worked. I wonder if would help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanNJanice

This is so sad. It is like we are playing a game of "Find the build defects before the warranty expires" with the manufacturers.
If you don't find all the defects, you lose the game, the manufacturer will deny your claim, and you'll get stuck with a big fat repair bill. Even if it is clearly a manufacturing defect like not bothering to put clamps on the PEX lines :cautious:

Hmmm, now that I think of it, maybe I should copyright that and create a board game, kind of like Monopoly, we could all play around the campfire. You roll the dice and land on different defects and have to pay fake money to fix it. The last person to still have money (or a trailer) left wins the game. You could buy dealerships to collect money when someone with a defect has to get it fixed.

Last edited: