• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Considering Valor Toy Hauler 44V14

rickthegreat13

Hello Alliance People, I am peeking some insight from owners who camp full time with Valor Toy Hauler 44V14. What are you towing with and what’s been the experience? What about finding parks that are big rig friendly? Any problems with your Toy Hauler? Feel free to chime if you don’t have this exact model but you’re similar in size.

Thanks
Mike

Bozo

Hello Alliance People, I am peeking some insight from owners who camp full time with Valor Toy Hauler 44V14. What are you towing with and what’s been the experience? What about finding parks that are big rig friendly? Any problems with your Toy Hauler? Feel free to chime if you don’t have this exact model but you’re similar in size.

Thanks
Mike
You will be limiting yourself on parks, just requires more planning. I pull a valor 40v13 with a 21 ram 3500 dually. Tows like a dream. I personally hate the friction hinges on the doors, puts a lot of stress on door frames. No big issues yet on my unit which is at 8mos old. Thing pops and creaks with temperature changes. As with all rvs, bed mattresses suck, upgrade that first. Also, chances are that it will be a foot or so longer than the brochure says….check the entry door sticker.

rickthegreat13

You will be limiting yourself on parks, just requires more planning. I pull a valor 40v13 with a 21 ram 3500 dually. Tows like a dream. I personally hate the friction hinges on the doors, puts a lot of stress on door frames. No big issues yet on my unit which is at 8mos old. Thing pops and creaks with temperature changes. As with all rvs, bed mattresses suck, upgrade that first. Also, chances are that it will be a foot or so longer than the brochure says….check the entry door sticker.

rickthegreat13

Awesome! Thanks for your input, it helps. We have a 36 foot shockwave toy hauler now. I’m retired now and we’re considering selling the house and going full time but I’m hesitant for a number of reasons. The size and weight means a new truck but I really don’t want to go to a dual rear wheel. But if that’s what it takes, then so be it. We had a Genesis Supreme 32 foot before so we’re not brand new to it but we’ll be new to full time without a home base. From what we can tell, the Alliance brand seems well made.
Thanks again

Bozo

Alliance, as with all brands, is not perfect but seems better than average. On the dually truck, that takes planning as well….just don’t try to go through most drive through shops. Extra stability is the big plus. I also add, the pin weight on mine is higher than advertised at my current set up.(need to put more stuff in the garage.LOL!

rickthegreat13

The dually will be the hardest change for me. I really love my F250 long bed. It’s a great truck but not suitable for the weight of the Alliance 44v14. My F250 fits through drive throughs although it is tight sometimes. Anyway thanks for your input.

Bozo

The dually will be the hardest change for me. I really love my F250 long bed. It’s a great truck but not suitable for the weight of the Alliance 44v14. My F250 fits through drive throughs although it is tight sometimes. Anyway thanks for your input.
Yeah, the dully is a beast. Mine is a crew cab long bed. Wife drives it fine. With all the cameras on it, it is fine. Just don’t get in a big hurry worrying about parking. Wherever the mirrors fit, the hips follow.