
One other shortcoming on the Starlink is the need for an unobstructed view of the northern sky. Not an issue with your set up or our TravelFi. We could not get a signal on this site that would even stream netflix without buffering. which is why we now have redundant connectivity options.Having Starlink guarantees coverage just in case you absolutely have to have it. Now I understand there are those that are working and absolutely have to have it, But I don't think all those with Starlink absolutely have to have it. For those looking for an option to Starlink that don't boondock in remote areas, Consider a wireless router. The wireless router is much cheaper and simpler to operate.

I carry a "Flag Pole Buddy" just for these situations....used it 3 times in 3-4 years. But...nice to have when you need it. Gets the starlink above some of the tree coverOne other shortcoming on the Starlink is the need for an unobstructed view of the northern sky. Not an issue with your set up or our TravelFi. We could not get a signal on this site that would even stream netflix without buffering. which is why we now have redundant connectivity options.

We have a flagpole buddy with extra sections, ladder mount, and suction mounts just in case. No dice on this site even with moving the rig. Granted, this is an outlier, but for those who rely on connectivity to pay the bills it's a real consideration have redundant solutions.I carry a "Flag Pole Buddy" just for these situations....used it 3 times in 3-4 years. But...nice to have when you need it. Gets the starlink above some of the tree cover
Would this have helped in your situation?
View attachment 5782
You know what? I don't even have an extension cord in the rig. Adding to the list! Not that i would have been able to without the extension cord anyhow, and that is a great idea, I only had the standard at the time.I agree M&E...I have encountered this issue once. My solution, was to use my sunroof suction mount and locate the truck in a place that made a good connection. I then ran an extension cord to the truck and powered it (It would have run the truck battery dead). Luckily, I had the opening and parking space to make it happen (Wife was happy, so I was a hero)....The built in router covered just fine, but I will admit that I carry a router extender, for this reason.
So if you add available extension cord to the power cord provided...you have options.