• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Changing out the kitchen faucet (Video)

LuckyDog23

Haha, garbage disposal is next. Like I said in my comment, I’m swapping to a Kraus motion activated faucet. Everyone scoffed at me when I put it in the kitchen in our house but after watching me preparing raw chicken, kneading bread, and mixing meatloaf they quickly realized how handy it is to not touch the faucet handle with germy or gluey hands. My only problem with it is when I’m at a family member’s home I wave my hand in vain. The other great feature is it conserves water. Turns off after three minutes. It’s battery operated and I’ve had it two years with no battery change.

Your video clearly illustrates the gyrations needed to get all the lines through the holes. I hate being under a sink!

One thing I’ve experienced with mine is the hose from the pull down tends to get stuck on the valves. The weight on the Kraus is not moveable. We are also going to add the water filter spigot that matches and put a charcoal filter of some type under the sink. I chose black, too. Here’s the house, will duplicate in trailer except the 100 lb sink lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 8

rgeyer

Haha, garbage disposal is next. Like I said in my comment, I’m swapping to a Kraus motion activated faucet. Everyone scoffed at me when I put it in the kitchen in our house but after watching me preparing raw chicken, kneading bread, and mixing meatloaf they quickly realized how handy it is to not touch the faucet handle with germy or gluey hands. My only problem with it is when I’m at a family member’s home I wave my hand in vain. The other great feature is it conserves water. Turns off after three minutes. It’s battery operated and I’ve had it two years with no battery change.

Your video clearly illustrates the gyrations needed to get all the lines through the holes. I hate being under a sink!

One thing I’ve experienced with mine is the hose from the pull down tends to get stuck on the valves. The weight on the Kraus is not moveable. We are also going to add the water filter spigot that matches and put a charcoal filter of some type under the sink. I chose black, too. Here’s the house, will duplicate in trailer except the 100 lb sink lol.
I'm not showing Becky but I do like it. The end of the faucet looks higher then the original. That was my biggest thing I didn't like.
I also hate working under sinks. At least there's no center piece between the doors.
Forgot to mention in the video that we are changing the pendent lights plus the ones on wall behind couch. Still haven't found the right fixtures though. In the end everything will be black. I really think it adds a nice touch.

LuckyDog23

I'm not showing Becky but I do like it. The end of the faucet looks higher then the original. That was my biggest thing I didn't like.
I also hate working under sinks. At least there's no center piece between the doors.
Forgot to mention in the video that we are changing the pendent lights plus the ones on wall behind couch. Still haven't found the right fixtures though. In the end everything will be black. I really think it adds a nice touch.
I really like the square lights in the Avenues. These are pretty but the price is nuts. https://tinyurl.com/3pfxb8rn

LuckyDog23

So did Leslie of Wayward Wags. Theirs were speckled gold I think? She painted them black too. I was looking for the video of them talking about the changes. They have a 340. Theirs lights are sorta like glass barrels now so they either got new ones or a new rig. You can see them, black, here.
(edited)

Last edited:

CornCrib

We changed our bulbs in the pendants above the sink to spots. Now, just the island is illuminated.
IMG_1322.jpg
We put some art paper in the sconces behind the couch to bring the light down a bit. Now, they primarily shine out the top and bottom.
IMG_1321.jpg

LuckyDog23

when we bought our first rv it had incandescent and fluorescent. We replaced everything with bulbs and tubes from https://m4products.com/tube-lights/
except for the compartment lights. There were a lot of the, and color wasn’t a priority at the time. So we got cheap ones from Amazon. This was in 2010 or so when these were first available. Several of the cheap ones died but the M4 stuff is still going strong. I prefer a warm daylight about 2700 kelvin. That’s what is in my house where all bulbs are led and many are Lifx sure wish we could get color change bulbs 💡 but they require Wi-Fi.

Two quick questions. What base are the bulbs in the pendants. And is that ‘dishpan’ an ikea bin? Wondering if paradigm and avenue have same sink.