• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs...

bhidalgo

Has anyone set off an insect indoor fogger in their rig to try and control bugs? Did it help?
Our rig has been sitting since December, and a few days ago, we noticed a lot of ladybugs in the bathroom and small ants everywhere. No food was left out, and we did not find any food infested with bugs, so I know that is not the cause here.
The rig has been parked at a storage lot on a concrete pad. I am getting ready to start living out of it part-time due to work, and I want to start fresh. I know you can never completely eliminate those critters, but I would like to put the brakes on what is currently there.
Thanks.

Bozo

Treat it like you would a house. When in storage, you could also treat around all ground contact points. Precipitation with affect this though.

Mike in North Wales

Occasionally we have had ants in our campers. I have been able to eradicate the little pests by spraying the perimeter of the floor with Terro Home Pest Control that I bought at Home Depot. It is very effective. Spray around the island, entry door, anywhere there is a transition.

The only solution I've heard about ladybugs is a vacuum, but that would be for a dense, concentrated infestation. I usually just let them be. They seem to disappear on their own. Or I'm just not looking in the right places!
17105095728877681718133750310929.jpg

bhidalgo

I ended up getting a pack of insect foggers from HD. I set one off, and the next day, I ended up with three dead ladybugs and a bunch of carpenter ants. It's not as bad as it initially seemed for sitting unused since December. When I get it to its new home tomorrow, and since I'll live out of it for the next several months part-time, I'll get some granules to spread around the wheels, stairs, hoses, and leveling gear. I have bug zappers for when I'll be outside since mosquitoes are the official state insect for Florida.