• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Black marks on slides AND running gear maintenance

bhidalgo

Looks like the outside side walls of my slides are being marked up by the rubber seals.
Best way to clean this?
I need to do seal maintenance/treatment but looking for best way to clean the slide walls.

Also, what is the suggested grease to use in a grease gun for the MorRyde CRE3000 suspension system?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 17

Mazboy

the black marks will always come back but i use a light rubbing compound when i feel up to it knowing they will return. as for maintenance of the rubber, i've had 5 5th wheels and have never done any thing special to the rubber. they do have a spray out there however.

nothing to say about the grease, lots of bearing greases out there, someone will respond to that.

Shelly S

Looks like the outside side walls of my slides are being marked up by the rubber seals.
Best way to clean this?
I need to do seal maintenance/treatment but looking for best way to clean the slide walls.

Also, what is the suggested grease to use in a grease gun for the MorRyde CRE3000 suspension system?

Thanks.
I would use the recommended Dexter grease. Go to their website.

Todd F

Best way to clean this?

Thanks.
I has the same issue with our Valor. I used the Rubber Seal Conditioner on the seals. I took the brush off the end of the wash brush and taped a micro fiber to the end of the pole. Sprayed some Seal Conditioner on the micro fiber and ran it up and down on the seals. I also tried the same process on the black rubber streaks. The micro fiber and the seal conditioner removed the black marks completely. I'm hoping it will keep the rubber from marking up the slides? I just did this the other day and haven't travel yet so we will see?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402-111435.png
    Screenshot_20240402-111435.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 4

John G

I’ve use rubber seal conditioner and I’ve used Pledge. Both seem to work. Using Pledge is not as messy.

bhidalgo

I just had my RV washed yesterday. Discovered that I really need to wax it! have some of the seal conditional that I’ll coat the slide seals with. I also have lubricant for my slide rails I will condition as well.