• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Bedroom/Bathroom AC Vent Cover

Geo

How do I remove the round louvered vents for the ducted AC vents in the bedroom and bathroom? Does the rotating part just snap out? Pulling on the whole thing seems to be pulling screws out of ceiling.
The reason for removal is that only one of the bedroom vents emits air. The one towards the head of the bed is all but blocked somewhere. I'd like to see in there with a mirror.
Also, if you have tips about any fixes you have made it would be appreciated.
ATdhvaannkcse

Attachments

• vent.jpeg
    vent.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

BryanValRox

How do I remove the round louvered vents for the ducted AC vents in the bedroom and bathroom? Does the rotating part just snap out? Pulling on the whole thing seems to be pulling screws out of ceiling.
The reason for removal is that only one of the bedroom vents emits air. The one towards the head of the bed is all but blocked somewhere. I'd like to see in there with a mirror.
ATdhvaannkcse
I haven’t found the trick to remove those yet, but I would think that they snap in somehow.
I would suggest based on the same experience that you remove your bedroom a/c filter covers and the filter. You will find either 4 or 8 screws( can’t remember for sure) holding the ac vent plate in place. This will give you visibility to the duct connection at the ac output. Ours was collapsed and not aligned/ secured properly impacting the air flow on the headboard side and bathroom outlets. I realigned , installed some home made pvc spacers in the duct and retapped it securely to the ac outlet. Made a big improvement.

Reactions: Geo
Upvote 0

dwcfish

Bryan - similar situation to me today.....

The AC unit in the bedroom was not cooling correctly. I pulled the filter and discovered the freezer probe had fallen out. Easy fix.

As part of this I pulled the vent fully off and discovered the following.

The duct for the vents was straddling the baffle between the cool air and the return air. This means that cool air was going into the duct at the same time the return air was pulling air out of it. This was on both sides of the AC.

Secondly there was a large hole where wires were coming into the AC, this was on the cool air side.... Meaning cool air was being blown into the attic.

Fixed both of these with foil tape and air flow to the vents was improved

Attachments

• Duct straddling Baffle.jpg
    Duct straddling Baffle.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Hole on cool side.jpg
    Hole on cool side.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0

Fishfnatic

ATdhvaannkcse
There are 2 little holes on one side which is a tab and you have to get o ring type pick and pull down. I found a video online. Easier to watch than explain

Upvote 0

Geo

There are 2 little holes on one side which is a tab and you have to get o ring type pick and pull down. I found a video online. Easier to watch than explain
I think I found the video, Thanks. I'll give it a try today.
This video did indeed help, for future reference to others here're pic's of the backside. "Vent-1" shows the tab you should pry on.

Attachments

• vent - 1.jpeg
    vent - 1.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
  • vent - 2.jpeg
    vent - 2.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Upvote 0