• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Battery Charge Depleted overnight while on Shore Power

Ben

So based on no-ladder's pictures there does appear to be a mode switch to go between Li and LA it is show on the bottom of the last page. They call it a mode switch.
There is a very small switch in the lower central area, with 2 positions labeled
Li. lithium
Abd
La. Lead acid

Ben

There appears to be nothing blown fuse wise or any breakers tripped. I've only had the Avenue 33RKS for 1.5 week. After the first day with it the battery was depleted to 80% so I can't say that it has ever worked properly, but at the same time i can't say its obviously broken. I have no solar disconnect. The Renogy Lithium battery has built in bluetooth so i can what the present current is, present voltage, capacity and such.

If I disconnect battery with the battery disconnect switch, and unplug from shore power, and turn off the Inverter, the battery displays a present current of -3 Amp. Thats a crazy amount of battery use if its disconnected because the charge controller should only take about 100mA at any given time and I can't find anything else it is powering. I am taking it to the Service Group Monday for this issue and a propane leak. If I discover any "a'ha" moments I'll be sure to post it.

P.S. I am going to have to invest in a solar panel cut-off switch so I can have better control. The renogy charge controller doesn't ever power off