• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

bathroom caulk

jepalmer

I just picked up our RV: 2024 32RLS and the shower wasn’t caulked between the shower pan and wall. Anyone know a specific reason not to caulk it?

Attachments

• caulk.jpg
    caulk.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 18

BryanValRox

I just picked up our RV: 2024 32RLS and the shower wasn’t caulked between the shower pan and wall. Anyone know a specific reason not to caulk it?
Welcome and congratulations!
Many folks have questioned this including myself at delivery. I was told it is a intentional miss and the reasoning was air flow. This was actually pointed out to us by the dealership during delivery.
We we’re told that the shower pan extends up behind the wall a couple of inches and air flow was needed.
If memory serves me, I believe @Bill Martin actually did a ”Whatcha know Wednesday short” on this topic.

BryanValRox

No worries, I can’t truthfully say that I am 100% comfortable with this approach either, but feel no one knows their product better than the manufacturer. Given that it was pointed out to us, it would appear the dealership must get questions about this often.
Have a great day!

cawees

I understand the gap is necessary but shouldn't it be level all the way around the pan? Check out the video and let me know if you think the gap in the right hand corner is too big. I'm being told it's normal is this how yours looks too?

Attachments

• Video copy.mov.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 26

BryanValRox

I viewed your video and I would agree that this is total unacceptable and is a example of poor fit and finish.
I would send your video to Alliance Service and let them comment directly if they haven’t already.
If they refuse to address this, perhaps a piece of vinyl quarter round, attached to the wall to hide the gap, but slightly elevated from the shower pan surface to allow for the air flow that is needed.

cawees

I viewed your video and I would agree that this is total unacceptable and is a example of poor fit and finish.
I would send your video to Alliance Service and let them comment directly if they haven’t already.
If they refuse to address this, perhaps a piece of vinyl quarter round, attached to the wall to hide the gap, but slightly elevated from the shower pan surface to allow for the air flow that is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockDr896

I have been chasing an "Occasional Leak" from my shower area for a year now. I thought it was coming from the slide, because it wasn't too much. Then I thought the pan issue discussed here, might be the issue. Finally I found it. The leak was at the hot and cold water fixture. There wasn't a caulk bead around the entire fixture plate. The hot water connection needed to be tightened as well. It had a VERY slow drip.

RognMar

My seat is sunk too. Does ne leak. Is on list for Rally 2024 fix list.

#2 Leak info
I had a leak too. Mine was from the shower area. Originally I heard the issue when ran the Alliance Avenue 32rls water system with the water pump only and fresh water tank. We had the PDI at the dealership and know we would have missed it. That weekend I was trying to figure out why the cable TV was not working. Every 20 minutes or so I heard the water pump run for about a second then turn off. Checked all the cold and hot water valves under the sinks for leaks. I returned our RV to see if they could find the leak. That weekend Alliance is great to have these shutoffs. I did find the water dripping from under the trailer running down the underside along the inside just foward of the kitchen slide.

Next weekend I followed the shower hot and cold water feeds and found those shut off valves.

On my Avenue they are way back inside the the covered section in the pass thru compartment. Imagine by the Nautilus System, you take the bungee off and swing the door to the left, with the swing door open crawl back with a flashlight a look below and to the right of the cable/satellite controller. Then low and behold the white hot and cold water valves are there.
The water pump stopped running intermittently when I turned off hot water feed.
Took the shower controls off and found the gasket inside the 90° pecks connector was pinched on the hot water side. I replaced the pecks elbo and Boom the leak was gone.
Hope this helps
Roger