• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Avenue vs. Paradigm

What are the biggest advantages/differences between the brands?

Looking at Paradigm 310RL vs. Avenue 32RLS

Thanks in advance

Scott

Guests on the Move

The Paradigm is a full profile 5th wheel. Come standard with 3 a/c. Has a drop frame for bigger basement storage. There are others

The Avenue is a shorter height, lighter but still has most of the comfort features of the Paradigm. I also believe the Avenue only comes with 2 a/c

LuckyDog23

The best way to compare is go to the website and download or otherwise view the spec sheets. I did that on an iPad Pro in split screen mode. If you have a printer print them. But the biggest diff for me was air conditioning, size of range and orientation of bed. The interior color is different. I actually like the Avenue better but I’ve spent the last week in 105° weather and even my massive ac in my house can’t keep up.

Also there are huge number of videos on YouTube created by alliance or rv dealers and many of our members here as well. Ours is tied up in ordering process, awaiting an influx of cash from selling two houses.

Donzi98

We bought our 32RLS this year. We seriously considered the Paradigm but we liked the lighter colors of the interior of the Avenue. Plus the Avenue has a slightly lighter pin weight.

JeffInDFW

The biggest difference is in the construction of the floor. The Avenue uses a laminated foam core with luan for the floor according to the factory tour construction video I watched on YouTube. Fine if you use your camper a few times a year, but high traffic areas like in front of the fridge, in front of the front door, in the bathroom get soft over time because the foam compresses as it is supporting the weight of people walking on it. Google search "laminated foam floor" and any brand of RV you want and see what comes up. Keystone used this method until they finally changed over to using an Azdel like material in the floor and named it "Hyperdeck". Water destroys Luan so I would be concerned about water leaks on the floor inside cabinets etc. Maybe Alliance has solved the problem, I think they went with a foam with a heavier density than is often used so maybe that is enough. Do your own research to decide how you feel. Paradigm uses what looked to me like plywood floor decking because I could see what looked like seams in the floor of a different YouTube factory tour video of Paradigms being built. It is is not plywood (which is what you want IMO), then it is a single sheet of OSB like Grand Design and Montana use. It is a product called "Dynaspan" and if you Google enough you will find the company that makes it and you can download their product info sheets to learn about it. Paradigm comes with 6 point hydraulic autoleveling, Avenue has I believe 4 point electric auto leveling. I wish they used vacuum bonding for their walls but I am thrilled that they don't just use Azdel, they use it on the interior and exterior walls which is exceptional and rare on a fifth wheel sized wall. Search on YouTube and you will find tours showing the lamination process used by Alliance, Matt's RV Reviews did a tour showing a Paradigm being built. Here is a factory tour of an Avenue being built.

phfkef

I realize this chain is a couple of years old however I have a question re the Avenue 32RLS. I have found conflicting comments re the floor on the 2022 Avenue 32RLS. Is it Luan or Adzel laminate?

Here is what I was told in 2022: The Avenue laminated floors are comparable to our sidewalls. The only differences being the 2 layers of 2.7 lauan on the interior (top) of the floor, and the 2.7 Azdel bonded to a woven Darko on the exterior (bottom) of the floor. We use the same Polyurethane Reactive (PUR) adhesive on the floor as we use on our sidewalls. We chose to use Azdel on the bottom of the floor because that is the portion that is more exposed to the outside elements. This benefits the retail consumer because Azdel does not absorb moisture, so the decking is less likely to be subject to delamination. Using Azdel also helps reduce the overall weight of the unit. I hope this helps better explain how the Avenue laminated floor is constructed.

Lantley

While I have no first hand experience with Alliance foam core floors.
My last 5'er had foam flooring. It wasn't horrible. but there was a soft spot in the bathroom that was a result of constant traffic in that area.
I believe the foam will eventually compress. How long it takes to compress is the unknown.
Amount of traffic, weight of occupants all, frequency of RV use are all factors that impact the foam compression.
Given a choice I would generally avoid foam floor construction.

phfkef

Thank you for the replies re the Avenue flooring. I am leery about lauan and it's water absorption.