• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Another Tow Vehicle Question; F350 and Avenue 26RD

AngusCampbell

Hey Gang
We just traded in our 40' Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS that we used for full-time living for 2 1/2 years for a new "Fun-sized" 29, Allaince Avenue 26RD. We gave up about 9,000 lbs and 11" for something easier to pull, park and use for occasional vacations.

We still have the 2019 Ford F350 6.7L Deisel, long bed crew-cab dually with the Lariat trim package. (Her name is Sheila and she has taken good care of us). The question is, should we trade-down to an F250, which seems more than capable for the new smaller rig with better mileage and easier to drive? Our local Ford dealer offered us about $56-58k for trade-in, which seems low, since word on the street suggests that the truck is worth more than the $71k purchase price. The dealer also admitted that inventory for F250's are non-existent here in the Southwest and the wait time for a factory build would be 2-3 months.

I think I'm better off keeping Sheila and eating the lower mileage. Whaddaya all think?
Thanks

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Personally, I would stick with the 350 and enjoy the ride. You already know you have a great truck and the 1-2 miles per gallon you "might" get by moving to a 250 would take a LONG time to recover the costs involved in buying a new truck