• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Adding Day/Night Shades

While visiting Shipshewana we toured the factory and purchased day night shades for our '22 340RL. As explained and videos show the installation was relatively easy and took about 2 hours, however we can't figure out how to remove the rear window valance. I have viewed every video, emailed service, called the factory and posted on FB but I can't seem to figure it out. I have received video links from service but none of those videos cover the rear window. You can't undo the clips while the old shade is attached, as we found out. The several screws that attached to the undercabinet all were unscrewed when we discovered something else was still holding it on. Any ideas on how to remove this so we can install the last shade back there?

UFF

Not a clue but I do unroll my shades and have my wife hold them rolled up by hand on the outside so I can find all the screws on the ones in the living room. Let’s us know if you figure it out.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
While visiting Shipshewana we toured the factory and purchased day night shades for our '22 340RL. As explained and videos show the installation was relatively easy and took about 2 hours, however we can't figure out how to remove the rear window valance. I have viewed every video, emailed service, called the factory and posted on FB but I can't seem to figure it out. I have received video links from service but none of those videos cover the rear window. You can't undo the clips while the old shade is attached, as we found out. The several screws that attached to the undercabinet all were unscrewed when we discovered something else was still holding it on. Any ideas on how to remove this so we can install the last shade back there?

When I had MCD replace my night shades with day/night shades, I'm pretty sure they put the shades in the valances, then reattached the valances to the wall.

UFF

Yep agree. I had to pull my blinds down so I could get to the screws that hold on the valance.

When I had MCD replace my night shades with day/night shades, I'm pretty sure they put the shades in the valances, then reattached the valances to the wall.
Hi Jim. Do you have a connection at MCD to explain how they took the rear window valance down that you can provide me? If so I'll call or email and ask them how to do it. Or I might stop there in McKinny and just have them do it.

We finally figured it out. Several screws were just screwed in "willy-nilly" into the metal of the center of the blinds! Geez....