• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

310RL: Advice on Ford 250 vs. 350

Hello all. I'm new to board and I am certain somewhere this has been discussed before, so apologies if so.

Zeroed in the 310RL. Now looking to ensure truck can handle. Can the Ford 250 V* Diesel handle or should I consider 350 DRW?

UFF

I haul mine with a F350 DRW but that’s what I already had. If you error on the side of caution a DRW will always be better. If I was to use a SRW I would still go with a F350. 310RL does have a pin weight somewhere between 2500 to 3k in weight when loaded. Have not weigh mine yet.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
when we moved to a DRW from an SRW the difference is night and day in favor of the DRW. If you can get a DRW, you will not be sorry.

Last edited:

Guests on the Move

The only way to answer this question involves the registered weight ratings of the truck and the trailer. Once you know those, then you need to decide if you feel safe pulling the trailer with the truck. Remember this question will generate answers both for and against what you are asking. The final decision is yours and yours only.