• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

30 vs 50amp

JWalker

Awesome. We also have an Avenue 30 RLS ordered.
I was told by the Alliance team at the RV show that you can run both ACs off of 30 amp service. They are the Coleman Mach Q-series, which have a very low amperage draw.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
In addition to lower draw by inherent design, they are all 13.5k BTU units, so they're easier to start and run from 30A.

The electrical upgrade I'm installing in my Paradigm 340RL will include a portable generator. From propane, it can only deliver about 2800 watts but that's plenty to run an air con. Since I will also be doing lithium batteries and inverters, I am installing Easy Starts in all 3 ACs to make it easier to start and run them (one at a time on inverter and small gen though).

Whitewolf

Hey @Jim Beletti, I've got 2 Soft Starts I was going to install on our Montana HC, but never did due to us deciding to upgrade to the 340. We're not boon docking and we're not generating. But we'll probably be places that only have 30A. Do you think it's necessary to install these on the 340? I know absolutely nothing about these new A/C's and their startup draw.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hey @Jim Beletti, I've got 2 Soft Starts I was going to install on our Montana HC, but never did due to us deciding to upgrade to the 340. We're not boon docking and we're not generating. But we'll probably be places that only have 30A. Do you think it's necessary to install these on the 340? I know absolutely nothing about these new A/C's and their startup draw.
Ron - All 3 of the ACs in the Paradigm are 13.5k models - so they'll have a lower LRA rating and you might be able to start them with a gen or inverter depending on available power. That said, I'd install them anyway. Your ACs will benefit from the easier starting. I've got 3 of them to install over the winter as part of my power system upgrade. For a small incremental amount, I got the model with Blutetooth in them. I thought - what the heck - couple bucks more and I'm a Tech Freak and a bit of a data guy.