• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

295MK Slides

BryanValRox

I am Plugged into 110 but have my batteries removed will my slides work?
I would come down on the side of ……….I don’t think that they will. The slides work off of the 12 volt system.
My thinking is, without the added capicity of the battery in place that the convertor wouldn’t be able to output the sustained amperage to allow the slides to extend.
Also, I would be sure that you insulate your battery terminals to protect against any shorts. If the 110 is active the convertor would likely be trying to charge a battery that doesn’t exist, unless it is smart enough to know it doesn’t see 12 volt input(still learning about that convertor myself).

I am also curious, what is your strategy for having 110 hooked up and the battery disconnected?

Well, another update! I am now more confused then ever! Just read a document about a convertor and it indicated that it is primarily intended to be used with a battery, however that with nominal Ac input , it stated that the FULL rated output is available for load and or battery charging. Based on that statement and making the assumption that the slides wouldn’t exceed the draw, in theory I guess it could be possible(GUESSING ONLY)

I am hoping that the A-team will chime in here to get me straighten out and you the correct answer to your question.

I am now standing at a definite maybe on the answer to your question🤣
I guess this is a great example of of why this forum was created, it gives us all a chance to learn from questions that others ask.

Sorry for the indecisiveness in my post, I guess questions like this would be more easily answered if documentation was more detailed and wiring schematic were made available to understand the bigger picture of the electrical system.

Last edited:

mballough

I would come down on the side of ……….I don’t think that they will. The slides work off of the 12 volt system.
My thinking is, without the added capicity of the battery in place that the convertor wouldn’t be able to output the sustained amperage to allow the slides to extend.
Also, I would be sure that you insulate your battery terminals to protect against any shorts. If the 110 is active the convertor would likely be trying to charge a battery that doesn’t exist, unless it is smart enough to know it doesn’t see 12 volt input(still learning about that convertor myself).

I am also curious, what is your strategy for having 110 hooked up and the battery disconnected?

Well, another update! I am now more confused then ever! Just read a document about a convertor and it indicated that it is primarily intended to be used with a battery, however that with nominal Ac input , it stated that the FULL rated output is available for load and or battery charging. Based on that statement and making the assumption that the slides wouldn’t exceed the draw, in theory I guess it could be possible(GUESSING ONLY)

I am hoping that the A-team will chime in here to get me straighten out and you the correct answer to your question.

I am now standing at a definite maybe on the answer to your question🤣
I guess this is a great example of of why this forum was created, it gives us all a chance to learn from questions that others ask.

Sorry for the indecisiveness in my post, I guess questions like this would be more easily answered if documentation was more detailed and wiring schematic were made available to understand the bigger picture of the electrical system.
I am winterized with the Batteries removed and can run a plug to the trailer. I need to get into the unit once a month to check on it. So I would rather not have to put the batteries back in to open it up!

Thanks for the info so far.