• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2023 Avenue 26RD - 1st trip out issues

A couple of hiccups. Came with a TANKLESS water heater, that gets way to hot. SET TEMP TO 95. OUTPUT TEMP 150. Cover on awning motor fell off. Can't find switch to turn off back up camera, a couple of other minor things.
We love the floor plan.

Attachments

• PXL_20230909_115725646.jpg
    PXL_20230909_115725646.jpg
    997.5 KB · Views: 14

Mike in North Wales

Welcome to the family! I hope you enjoy your new rig.

I can't help with the WH. The camera switch should be on the panel with your slide switches, tank gauge, etc. Unfortunately, the awning motor cover problem has popped up a few times on the forum. Someone contacted the Alliance parts group and they were able to send out a new one under warranty.

Good luck!

I search pretty much the whole Camper for a camera shut off swich. At the control panel when you enter, inside cabinets, by the water panel, inside by battery. I put a request in for Alliance to call me.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know, Alliance does not install the actual camera....that is an after market product. How did you get the camera? Dealer??

The Camper came prewired. There is a small plastic cap below the center marker light. I removed the cap and there was 2 wires inside with 12 vdc. I installed a haloview camera. Works great but would like it to not be on 24/7. Battery shut off does turn it off.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
The Camper came prewired. There is a small plastic cap below the center marker light. I removed the cap and there was 2 wires inside with 12 vdc. I installed a haloview camera. Works great but would like it to not be on 24/7. Battery shut off does turn it off.
I think it may be best for you to send an email into our team to ask about the location of the camera power switch for your unit.

Send the email to service@alliancerv.com. Include the last 6 of your VIN and ask where the switch can be located and how it might be marked. Let us know back here on the forum what you learn.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I would highly recommend that you rethink how you're going to power that camera, rather than using the attached 12 Volt from alliance. I tapped into the marker light. The reason for this is simple I don't want to deal with a switch inside the RV to turn the camera on. I want the camera come on whenever I have the truck attached to the trailer and the trailer lights on from the truck. I just completed this youtube video about installing the haloview camera. Hopefully it can help you with your decision on how to power your camera.

I think it may be best for you to send an email into our team to ask about the location of the camera power switch for your unit.

Send the email to service@alliancerv.com. Include the last 6 of your VIN and ask where the switch can be located and how it might be marked. Let us know back here on the forum what you learn.
Jim, I did that . Went back and forth with about 20 emails today. Sent pictures of everything they asked for. My guess is the control panel was installed with out the switch so the tech who did the wiring hard wired it. We know it is tied to fuse 4. Which it shouldn't be. Should be tied into accessories. I'll figure it out or come up with a alternate plan.

I would highly recommend that you rethink how you're going to power that camera, rather than using the attached 12 Volt from alliance. I tapped into the marker light. The reason for this is simple I don't want to deal with a switch inside the RV to turn the camera on. I want the camera come on whenever I have the truck attached to the trailer and the trailer lights on from the truck. I just completed this youtube video about installing the haloview camera. Hopefully it can help you with your decision on how to power your camera.
That's how I did it on my previous camper. The rear wall is laminated. And the marker lights are small LED fixtures. There is an access panel behind the control panel. I'm going to pull the cap off the back of the camper and see if I can ring out the wires from the camera to the control panel. Then just add a switch.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Great video Jim. I can't disagree with your thinking on powering the cameras from the marker light circuit. Many, many times with my Sundance, I would forget to turn the camera circuit switch on and have to go back outside, open the door, lower the stairs and get in and switch it on. That said, if one wanted to, they could use the provided camera circuit and switch, then add behind the control panel, a small remote controllable switch and keep the remote FOB in the truck. Unsure of the distance the remote will work from but something to consider. I may try it with my Delta. I'll be going with a single Furrion camera on the back of the Delta but I wish their Vision S system would record like the Halo and others do.

There's an access panel behind my control panel. On my 26RD. The camera wires are red + white marked 1+2. I found the wires and added the switch in the picture I posted above.