• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Victron Multiplus Update

dwcfish

Wondering if anyone has updated the firmware on their Multiplus to take advantage of the option to prioritize solar? I am aware that this will blow out the existing configuration and will require reprograming, but wondering if anyone had any issues?

dwcfish

The firmware must be 506 or later. Here is link for info:

This will only prioritize the battery charging. Victron also referenced the following as a way to utilize this to reduce energy usage if you are connected to shore power.

https://panbo.com/maximizing-solar-production-with-victron-gx/

We happened to be staying at a place for a couple of months coming up to help our kids out. They will be charging for electricity. So I was planning on implementing this to reduce electricity costs. Just curious if anyone has done this yet and did they encounter any issues. I do understand that this will blow out your current setting and you will need to reprogram the unit............

I would also note that the Connect app for Android allows you to do the update from your phone now.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The firmware must be 506 or later. Here is link for info:

This will only prioritize the battery charging. Victron also referenced the following as a way to utilize this to reduce energy usage if you are connected to shore power.

https://panbo.com/maximizing-solar-production-with-victron-gx/

We happened to be staying at a place for a couple of months coming up to help our kids out. They will be charging for electricity. So I was planning on implementing this to reduce electricity costs. Just curious if anyone has done this yet and did they encounter any issues. I do understand that this will blow out your current setting and you will need to reprogram the unit............

I would also note that the Connect app for Android allows you to do the update from your phone now.

I am currently out of the country, but will check this out once i get back I am on v510 so I should already have the ability to enable this, if I was to ever go somewhere that meters my power.

dwcfish

Just as an update - I went ahead and performed the update to the firmware to version V510. Ran through the configuration to configure the Solar as a priority when connected to the grid. Settings that is used for the AC input control tab and the Advanced tab are below. I may need to adjust the setting on the AC Input Control.

Seems to be working correctly and does not use the grid unless it hit one of the defined parameters.

Attachments

• AC Input Control Tab.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Advanced Tab.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 0