• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Want to quick-connect an external grill to the external propane connection. What type fitting is on the RV?

Ed&Syl

Still awaiting delivery of my Paradigm 340RL. I know there is an external propane connection but I cannot find what type of fitting that is. I also am unsure if it is regulated down to "grill-ready" pressure.

I want to connect my Blackstone grill to the onboard propane with quick disconnects. Has anyone done this?

Any help appreciated.

Todd80

Standard 3/8" LP quick connnect. I have a Camco propane grill I quick connect to my camper LP supply, I do not have a regulator on the grill. Hope this helps!

Grassjohn

I agree with Todd80, a standard propane quick connect. I bought the Blackstone connector for the other end of the hose (I have the 28 inch Adventurer grill). That way I can still use little bottles, or a 20 pound tank, or the RV.

Ed&Syl

Thank you all! Looking forward to grillin' and chillin'! Steaks for you both if we ever cross paths- Cheers!

I agree with Todd80, a standard propane quick connect. I bought the Blackstone connector for the other end of the hose (I have the 28 inch Adventurer grill). That way I can still use little bottles, or a 20 pound tank, or the RV.
Hi Grassjohn, I am also looking for the hose that I need for my blackstone. Do you have any part numbers or where you got your set up? I like the idea of having options. Thank you for your help.

Ed&Syl

I ordered one like that from Amazon based on the responses in this thread. Still waiting for it and the RV delivery (any day?) but will reply back after I have op-tested it. Looks like it should work fine!

tomhank

The first step is to locate and purchase a Propane-T, which is a pipe fixture that will allow you to connect your RV’s onboard propane regulator to an external propane tank. Once you have purchased this part, you just need to screw this into your regulator port.

The other port of the Propane-T is where you can connect the heavy-duty rubber hose that will connect to the propane tank. You can just directly connect the rubber hose and use a small belt clamp to secure it in place or you can get a quick connect kit so it will be easier to install and remove when needed.

mooree

To connect a gas grill to your RV, you only need two things: an LP quick connect and an LP hose. Remove the dust cover from the hose's valve-less end, connect it to your RV's gas valve, attach the LP quick connect to the other end, and then link the hose with the quick connect to the grill.

Last edited: