• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Valance Removal/replaement

Has anyone removed and replaced the valances? I need to pull the one in the living room of our 365RD as the window isn't tightened down as it should be at the top. I want to check all the other windows before winter gets here and do a reseal if needed. That window wasn't torqued properly when installed.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Has anyone removed and replaced the valances? I need to pull the one in the living room of our 365RD as the window isn't tightened down as it should be at the top. I want to check all the other windows before winter gets here and do a reseal if needed. That window wasn't torqued properly when installed.

I don’t have a 365RD but I do have a 340RL and I have removed and reinstalled one of the wooden window valances. In my case, there were 2 silver L brackets screwed to the wall. The valance box sits on top of those L brackets. I was able to get a long #2 square drive screw bit on a small impact driver, up in the space between the window frame and the back of the shade roller and remove 1 screw of each L bracket going up into the wood of the inside top of the valance box.

Once the screws were removed, I was able to slide the valance off the L brackets. Note that the shade stays in the valance when the valance is removed. The shade clips are also screwed into the inside top of the valance box. The L brackets remain screwed to the wall and they stick straight out from the wall but should not interfere with you tightening down the window frame. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks Jim. I'm not home (365RD stayed home, we didn't) so I will get on that when we return. I'll try to take some video and post that as well.

I’m not home either or I would have attached a picture of what I’m talking about as it’s always more helpful. Let’s both circle back here later. Also, when I add a space on the forum for windows in a general sense, I’ll move this thread out of Winterizing but I totally see why you put it here - no other place with windows :) Yet :)

Upvote 0