• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

TV sound through the Stereo?

Mkstn1400

Is there a way to get the TV sound to come out the stereo speakers below the TV?
If so how please…

Thanks

Attachments

• F4A0584D-85B4-47FC-B286-877ABC6F0029.jpeg
    F4A0584D-85B4-47FC-B286-877ABC6F0029.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 50

gdmercad

I have the Jensen stereo and LG tv. On the tv remote, click setup icon (looks like a gear), navigate to sound out,navigate using side arrow on remote to HDMI ARC. On the Jensen, depress mode button until HDMI ARC shows on Jensen’s screen. TV audio should now come out of stereo Speaker. Ensure you have Jensen set to the proper zone. Zone A for speakers below TV.

darrell

I have played with this a lot in our 390MP and I have not been able to get sound through the speakers. I bought a Roku soundbar over the holidays to use in the trailer and will use it for nearly all music needs inside the trailer.

bhidalgo

My Jensen does not have the HDMI ARC mode. Just HDMI IN or Aux In. So how do I get TV to run sound thru Jensen system on 310RL? Thanks.

bhidalgo

Yes,. The TV has the HDMI ARC option for me to select. My Jensen, however, does not give me that option from what I have seen.

bhidalgo

Unless I have totally missed a button somewhere my Jensen JWM22 does not have a MODE button. The only button I have close to what is being described is one with only two options - HMDI In / AUX. Putting TV in HDMI ARC mode then ensuring I have Jensen speaker A (that is the one internal for my unit) on and volume to about 15-20 does not give me any TV sound thru the Jensen. I'm thinking I got an alternate unit compared to what others may have. Not happy that I cannot get sound from TV thru Jensen stereo. That was one of the things we liked when we decided on our 310RL. Still working on it however...

bhidalgo

CFBFE39C-8655-4BF5-93CC-68098C4A6A20.jpegSounds like we have two different units. This is what I’m working with here. It’s aggravating that something so simple to setup is being a pain.

bhidalgo

Well, you get what you get I guess. Spoke to Alliance and they confirmed it does not have connections for input from TV. Also no alternative part. Will try to hook up an HDMI cable from TV to Jensen to see if that works for now. May also try to contact Jensen directly for options OR go to Best Buy and buy a soundbar. Sad that you pay so much for these rigs and something this simple has to cost you to get it all to work as expected. Oh well... it is what it is. I got bigger fish to fry while out camping.

darrell

I was finally able to get sound out of the radio via ARC. Unfortunately, I have to unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in to get them to sync up. Every time. This is not a tenable solution. I have the same model radio that @Curtis posted.

Unless I have totally missed a button somewhere my Jensen JWM22 does not have a MODE button. The only button I have close to what is being described is one with only two options - HMDI In / AUX. Putting TV in HDMI ARC mode then ensuring I have Jensen speaker A (that is the one internal for my unit) on and volume to about 15-20 does not give me any TV sound thru the Jensen. I'm thinking I got an alternate unit compared to what others may have. Not happy that I cannot get sound from TV thru Jensen stereo. That was one of the things we liked when we decided on our 310RL. Still working on it however...
I have the same cheap Jenson. It will not work. If you plug in a HDMI cord in the front on the JWM22 then to the back of the TV, I heard it will work but that hanging cord looks stupid. Buy a sound bar, forget the Jenson or buy another stereo to put in there. I have talked to Jenson and Alliance, it won't work and its not designed to.

HelotesAg

I have that same smaller jensen in my 310RL - I was able to connect the TV via bluetooth to the stereo head unit and play the audio through the speakers that way. It didn't really buy much in my opinion - i.e. didn't make the sound dramatically better so I quit doing it. On the TV settings, you can change the output from the TV speakers to a bluetooth device. It wasn't too difficult as I recall.

I have that same smaller jensen in my 310RL - I was able to connect the TV via bluetooth to the stereo head unit and play the audio through the speakers that way. It didn't really buy much in my opinion - i.e. didn't make the sound dramatically better so I quit doing it. On the TV settings, you can change the output from the TV speakers to a bluetooth device. It wasn't too difficult as I recall.
Tried it. No volume. TV was changed and connected via bluetooth but not volume. I gave up. I'll by a sound bar and change out TV to out other LG.

Jeff P

Why does this sorry piece of trash have an hdmi input then? What good is it?

I had a '16 Bighorn that had a better stereo setup than this '22 paradigm. It had the same one Curtis posted.
For the added cost, I couldn't be more disappointed in a rig than I am this one.

@Busted4321, it doesn't work on either. Again, wth are the hdmi ports for? The factory installs the cable, then you can't use it. Stupid.

Last edited:

HelotesAg

In mine, the HDMI from the stereo is plugged into the back of the TV's HDMI-1 port. I assume that the idea is that you could plug in another device - like a satellite dish or gaming console into the radio and not have to hunt around on the back of the TV. Not sure that it's stupid necessarily.