• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Turning on stereo and dvd player

stevkat

Hello, We are the new owners of a Paradigm 310RL, and getting ready to go on our maiden trip. I tried to turn the Jensen stereo system on while in the rv loading things. I pushed the power button and it will not come. I have power to the tv above, the red light is on. I tried the remote also, no help. I tried sticking a paper clip end in the reset hole, no help. Is there a way to pull the drawer out under the fireplace where the storage area is. If we can remove the drawer, I think there is possibly room to get access to the rear of the stereo unit. I don't know if a wire got pinched or??? Any help or suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks in advance!

Grassjohn

First check your 12 volt fuses in the breaker panel. A red light on any 12 volt fuse signifies a blown (or missing) fuse.

The radio has a bezel you can pop off and access the mounting screws - then pull the radio out. Use a test light or meter to check for 12 volt input. There’s 1 constant 12 volt lead for clock and memory and 1 12 volt lead for power - they are likely twisted together and attached to the camper 12 volt supply. If you have voltage at the radio the problem may be internal. Check the connectors are firmly inserted too.