• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Taping Roof Seams

TheRayQuelines

Saw this in another forum and was curious as to sealing the front cap and rear roof seams with EternaBond (or similar) tape as a preventative measure. I have seen this done to prevent leaks as those two areas are the most common to experience failure and allow water to intrude.

Ray & Dawn Karl

I have done this on my last TT cause of poor sealing around the seams. Was thinking of doing to this unit also. Would like to know if anybody have done it, Pros or con's .....

Ray & Dawn

CornCrib

I'm leaning toward's doing it. I asked about it on our factory tour and the response from Alliance was positive.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Saw this in another forum and was curious as to sealing the front cap and rear roof seams with EternaBond (or similar) tape as a preventative measure. I have seen this done to prevent leaks as those two areas are the most common to experience failure and allow water to intrude.

@TheRayQuelines - I don't want to speak officially for Alliance on this, but personally, I see little issue with doing this.

Suggestions:
  • Clean the area to be taped with Eternabond very well prior to application
  • Use a rubber roller on the Eternabond to promote 100% adhesion
  • Add a bead of Dicor Lap Sealant at the leading edge of the installed Eternabond to protect from moisture ingress and peel-up from wind (though unlikely)