• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Tank Heater Questions

dfalkner

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I couldn't find any category I thought was more appropriate. Can someone please shed some light for me on the tank heaters or point me in the direction of manuals? I can't find anything in the Paradigm manual (I have a 340RL) and am getting conflicting information from Allies. Are the tank heaters thermostat controlled? In other words, if I have them turned on, will they only heat as needed or up to a certain temperature? I've been told to not have the tank heaters on unless the temp is below 45 degrees. That's no problem, but if they are thermostat controlled, why would that matter? I've also been told that leaving the tank heaters on above 45 degrees could cause the tanks to melt? Again, if they are indeed thermostat controlled, this should never happen. I thought I saw Bill Martin answer a question on FB where he said it wouldn't be a problem to have the heaters on even if the tanks were empty. However, someone else told me the tank needs to be 25% full to use the tank heater? I live in MT and need to use these, but want to make sure I am using them correctly. Thank you!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thread moved to newly created sub-forum for Holding Tank Heating System. Thanks guys!

Good morning. We do recommend having some fluid in the tanks to help disperse the heat and minimize any hot spot that could damage a tank. They are thermostatically controlled to initiate at 45 degrees and then turn off around 65 degrees.
Hi Bill, is this the same for 2022 Valor 41v15? And does this mean when staying in climates that can drop below 45 at night, we should be turning on tank heaters and leave them on?