• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

solar pre wiring Paradigm 310

Curtis

I just purchased a Coleman 100 Watt solar panel. I have a 2021 310RL. Anyone have experience on installing a solar panel. What conectors are needed, mounting hardware, etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Jess and Pam

I just purchased a Coleman 100 Watt solar panel. I have a 2021 310RL. Anyone have experience on installing a solar panel. What conectors are needed, mounting hardware, etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Hey Curtis, just installed three panels with 30 amp controller yesterday on my 2021 310. You will need mounting brackets and mc4 connectors hopefully supplied with panel. Longer 10 gauge cables and connectors as needed. Dicor to seal brackets to roof, one tube should do. Cables run from roof down through the wall @ right of pantry
(controller location) down to battery compartment.
You should find a pair of red and black 10 gauge cables where the bundle of wires come through the wall directly behind the batteries. Ours came taped together with 30 amp inline fuse and ring terminals already attached for EZ battery connection. If you do not have these you will need to get them. Remember keep panel covered until all electrical connections have been made.
Hope this helps20220311_145207.jpg20220311_144743.jpg

Curtis

Hi Jess
Wow, I am impressed. Can you tell me the brackets you used and screw size? Also, how did you connect the panels to each other? We have not been our unit since October so I do not remember seeing the meters. Did you add those?

Jess and Pam

I bought a GO POWER EXTREME 570 w kit. Came with panels, inverter, remote monitors, z-brackets,everything except panel connectors. I got mc4 straight and (splice connectors for panel -panel) with the mc4 spanner wrench on Amazon for I think about 30 bucks. The kit came with standard Z brackets but I chose to make my own out of 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" aluminum angle and #10 X 1" pan head wood screws from Home Depot, as I wanted panels to be able to tilt both right and left.
Amazon has a ton of connectors and solar mounting brackets and YouTube is great for how to videos 20220310_145448.jpg

bhidalgo

We have the factory installed solar setup with one panel, Renogy 60 MPPT Charge Controller, and a Progressive Dynamics 2K inverter on our 2022 310RL. I added two Renogy 100 amp Hr Li batteries soon after we got the rig. Do not know wattage on the panel unfortunately, but have found that I need more panels - at least two more. And an updated inverter. And another controller. Really want to wire the whole rig to run off solar. But think I will start with adding another panel or two first. Anyone know if I'd need to upgrade the Renogy controller as a result of adding more panels? Want to do this in steps since we are weekenders at the moment. But will be going on a trip to TN in May and will be off-grid for a week so power will be an issue. Thanks.

Curtis

Hi bhidalgo,
I would ask alliance customer service about your chaste controller and inverter. I live in tn, where are you going camping off the grid?

bhidalgo

We’ve got some property in Perry County we are looking to build on to retire to. As well as maybe put a boondocking site or two on. Currently it’s just 15-acres of pine trees and dirt on a mountain side.

bhidalgo

Jess and Pam...I like the layout. I have one 320w panel from factory solar package installed already in the same place forward of the Windgard antenna shell. I was debating where to mount the two panels I just ordered from Amazon/Renogy. Your picture just gave me an answer.