• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slide issue

Curtis

Hi my name is Curtis
Everyone needs to check their slides for this issue. After our first long trip out I noticed some scaring under my two main slides on our 310RL. These pictures are taken under the living room and kitchen slides. With the slides extended I raised the flap that covers the slide transition. These last pictures are the brackets that I found that are scaring the bottom of the slide when the slides are brought in. What is the purpose of these brackets? Can they be removed? How do I get it fixed? My unit has been at my dealership since Nov 3. Any info that will help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Curtis

Attachments

• 20211021_144527.jpg
    20211021_144527.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211021_142214.jpg
    20211021_142214.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211021_142233.jpg
    20211021_142233.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211021_142326.jpg
    20211021_142326.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211021_144347.jpg
    20211021_144347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 20211021_144430.jpg
    20211021_144430.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Good morning Curtis. I'm not certain when your unit was built, but for about a year now we have been using a nylon wear bar on each end to help lift the slide up when it comes in and also is easier on the underside of the floor. These are a very easy install with a couple of screws. Please reach out to our service team and we can help make the proper arrangements. Service@alliancerv.com is how our team can be reached directly.

Attachments

• Wear Bar.jpg
    Wear Bar.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 62

Curtis

Hi Jim, we purchased our unit the end of July this year The wear bar/ bracket I pictured is torqued so much that they are bowed up. You can see the corners of the wear bar where the paint is rubbed off. Is it possible that is why it is scaring?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20211021_142214.jpg
    20211021_142214.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 25

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Hi Jim, we purchased our unit the end of July this year The wear bar/ bracket I pictured is torqued so much that they are bowed up. You can see the corners of the wear bar where the paint is rubbed off. Is it possible that is why it is scaring?
Thanks for your help.
Curtis - The edges bowing could possibly be part of the concern but we would really like to get the nylon wear bars added. They provide a softer surface for the slide to ride in on and also help bring the slide up a little higher when coming in. That minimized the potential of the slidefloor damaging the main floor if it were to drag when coming in.

alforth

Curtis - The edges bowing could possibly be part of the concern but we would really like to get the nylon wear bars added. They provide a softer surface for the slide to ride in on and also help bring the slide up a little higher when coming in. That minimized the potential of the slidefloor damaging the main floor if it were to drag when coming in.
Hi Bill.. I just checked my 310 and it has similar marks as Curtis and has it has the nylon wear bars at each end on both slides. There is a small scratch on the drivers side as well but nothing like the ones on the passenger slide

Pass Slide undercarriage middle.jpgPass Slide undercarriage.jpg

Curtis

Hi alforth,
Look at your brackets and see if the paint is rubbed off on the corners or is the scaring causedt by the wear bars?
Curtis

alforth

Hi alforth,
Look at your brackets and see if the paint is rubbed off on the corners or is the scaring causedt by the wear bars?
Curtis
Hi Curtis
Doesn't look like its from the wear bars at least for the largest one in the center. I just ran it part way in to see if I could see anything and looks clear from in and out. I may put some paint on it to see if this is still doing it

Curtis

If not the wear bar probably the brackets. The sides of my brackets paint is worn off from rubbing on my slide.

Curtis

Bill Martin,
I just sent an email to the Service department as you suggested. My unit is still at my dealership. Anything you can do to help would be great. Thanks

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Good morning Curtis. While I'm happy to help I don't have any info from you other than your first name. If you can let me know your last name, email that you sent from and last 6 of VIN we can look you up.