• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Ski Plate Failure

WeBFree

I own a 2022 Paradigm 310RL. And am traveling full time and just discovered 2 ski plate failures. One, is a repeat offender under the fridge (kitchen) slide out. The other ski plate failure is on the dinette slide. Both are cracked and both are about ready to come completely off.

Questions: 1) Can I run the slides without ski plates until new parts arrive? I’m on the move through Labor Day. 2) Would fabricated sheet metal ski plates be better than what I have now? As I mentioned earlier, the ski plate under the fridge already failed once before early Spring. 3) Why are the ski plates failing?

Any suggestions or opinions regarding my questions would be greatly appreciated. I don’t use FB.

Kindly,
Aunt Lori

4AFAFFED-A744-4C4D-A129-2244AA54529C.jpeg

DE19A992-381E-44F1-884A-7E8DC81C850E.jpeg

Reactions: TJJ

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@WeBFree - sorry to hear of your slide ski issues. I don't think there's enough institutional knowledge on this forum yet to address this issue for you. Your best bet is to email these pictures to our Customer Experience team at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 of your VIN and a description of what is happening, what the previous repair was and that you'd like a call from a team member.

Upvote 0

TJJ

Hello all,I can chime in on this issue.I am on my second set of skis supplied by Alliance .The pic is from our last trip and it was torn in two.Am about at wits end on this.Will be contacting customer service once again.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 0

dwcfish

I also have had this issue. I have replaced two of the skis. I would note that one issue was the screws that hold the slide plates inside the rig were not flush with the slide plates and tore the skis. In addition a number of the screws were stripped out. I had to replace the screws with new ones that I counter-sunk into the plastic slide plates so they did not stick above the plastic. Also I had one of the slide plates inside the rig that was not located where the ski would run over it.

Also I had my floor get torn by the door. I was able to repair it pretty well by using Gorilla spray glue on both the floor and the subfloor then weighting it down.

Upvote 0

Trent Mills

Several owners have replaced the plastic skis with Stainless steel. Here is a link to the write up. We are updating the procedure with pictures, more details, etc.

Upvote 0

TJJ

I also have had this issue. I have replaced two of the skis. I would note that one issue was the screws that hold the slide plates inside the rig were not flush with the slide plates and tore the skis. In addition a number of the screws were stripped out. I had to replace the screws with new ones that I counter-sunk into the plastic slide plates so they did not stick above the plastic. Also I had one of the slide plates inside the rig that was not located where the ski would run over it.

Also I had my floor get torn by the door. I was able to repair it pretty well by using Gorilla spray glue on both the floor and the subfloor then weighting it down.

I can’t find any steel ones on the inter web but see some aftermarket plastic ones that look a little more robust.Alliance probably won’t spring for those though.I do see the screws you mentioned in your post and they are sticking out on mine and probably did catch the ski.Did you use screws on the skis?Mine were just stapled on. Thanks

Upvote 0

Trent Mills

See attached file. Keep in mind this is NOT an Alliance fix or mod. I do not work for Alliance. Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• Latest ski installation procedure.pdf
    688.3 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0

GriffLab

Hello All. We are on our second trip with our 2023 310RL. Had one slide ski go crunch/crack today while setting up. Cannot tell you all how disappointed I was to hear that noise………. This is a very poor design or construction.……

Upvote 0