• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Silicon beads

VanDowski

Picked up a 2022 paradigm 310RL. On the 809 mi drive home from the dealer the silicone bead around the front cap came loose and pulled away on both sides. I now notice several other spots where the bead is coming loose. Is there a certain type of silicone to use to fix this?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Picked up a 2022 paradigm 310RL. On the 809 mi drive home from the dealer the silicone bead around the front cap came loose and pulled away on both sides. I now notice several other spots where the bead is coming loose. Is there a certain type of silicone to use to fix this?
Sorry to hear you're seeing some sealant needing touched up already. Kindly reach out to our Customer Experience team at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 digits of your VIN, an explanation of the issue and any relevant pictures.

Shelly S

I had the same issue on my 2022 Valor 41V15. Alsk, the silicone that did pull out during transit has already disintegrated. And where it was on the decals they are coming off. I have to reseal the entire camper. I definitely do not want to use the same stuff that was used originally.

Shelly S

I had the same issue on my 2022 Valor 41V15. Alsk, the silicone that did pull out during transit has already disintegrated. And where it was on the decals they are coming off. I have to reseal the entire camper. I definitely do not want to use the same stuff that was used originally.
Should say that did not pull out during transit

Shelly S

Should say that did not pull out during transit
Here are some photos of the disintigrating silicone. I have never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 14

DanNJanice

Unfortunately, virtually NONE of the dealers ever do any PM while the trailers are sitting on their lot. Of course the split second you get it home, they will claim you did not do the required PMs. HUH? What happened to making the OWNER (Dealerships) do the required PM while they have it. I guess that doesn't count.
Anyway, silicon is bad news on exterior applications. I use Dicor/Eternabond on the roof and Proflex RV on places like you show.

Shelly S

Unfortunately, virtually NONE of the dealers ever do any PM while the trailers are sitting on their lot. Of course the split second you get it home, they will claim you did not do the required PMs. HUH? What happened to making the OWNER (Dealerships) do the required PM while they have it. I guess that doesn't count.
Anyway, silicon is bad news on exterior applications. I use Dicor/Eternabond on the roof and Proflex RV on places like you show.
I am using a sealant that has elastic in it called Lexel for the exterior . I hope it holds up better. If it does not I am going to try your suggestion of Proflex RV. I do use the Dicor on the roof. I have already purchased the Lexel and begun the resealing.