• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Schematic available?

Famtraveler24

Is there a schematic of the 390MP wiring, and in particular the runs from the distribution panel to the front of the RV? That would be VERY handy for us DIYers.

Thx.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Is there a schematic of the 390MP wiring, and in particular the runs from the distribution panel to the front of the RV? That would be VERY handy for us DIYers.

Thx.

Hi there! For the most part, this Forum’s Resource section will not contain many schematics and we don’t have here, what you’re requesting. Your best bet on this is to reach out to our Service Team at 574-226-0140.

Famtraveler24

Unfortunately, it appears Cust Service does not have that either. I was told that the routing isn't always the same. That strikes me as odd for a manufacturer not to have a common routing schematic. Seems from a Six Sigma methodology perspective that using the same routing should be a basic.

Thx.

John

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Unfortunately, it appears Cust Service does not have that either. I was told that the routing isn't always the same. That strikes me as odd for a manufacturer not to have a common routing schematic. Seems from a Six Sigma methodology perspective that using the same routing should be a basic.

Thx.

John
Good afternoon and thank you for the feedback. We do provide a wiring guide that is located on the backside of the converter panel door. The 12-volt wiring system is also color coded and numbered to assist with ease of identifying different zones or accessories. We continuously evolve our product which mean from time to time there are changes impacting wire routing (ie. relocating or adding outlets, new features or components) which would be hard to capture on our nearly 20 uniquely different floorplans.

Famtraveler24

Might I suggest that, as you make changes or update parts for new models, you seriously consider issuing a "field assistance bulletin" for existing owners to inform us of the changes. This would go a long way in helping us to know if there are changes we might want to be aware of (e.g., changes in parts material type - plastic to aluminum, e.g.). This could be a password protected area of the forum for verified owners with a VIN. I think that this type of communication would be extremely beneficial to all of us and, frankly, would go far to set Alliance apart from all other manufacturers. Thx for considering.

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Might I suggest that, as you make changes or update parts for new models, you seriously consider issuing a "field assistance bulletin" for existing owners to inform us of the changes. This would go a long way in helping us to know if there are changes we might want to be aware of (e.g., changes in parts material type - plastic to aluminum, e.g.). This could be a password protected area of the forum for verified owners with a VIN. I think that this type of communication would be extremely beneficial to all of us and, frankly, would go far to set Alliance apart from all other manufacturers. Thx for considering.
Appreciate the feedback and please know that our team is seeing your comments.

Don H

Famtravler -I feel your frustration. I have worked for over 40 years in aircraft, missile, and military vehicles development on highly complex electrical and electronic systems and I can tell you that every wire, resister, capacitor, etc. is accounted for and documented for each and every installation. It seems that a wiring schematic for your 390MP and my 370FB should be a simple thing to manage and provide to the people that Alliance should bend over backwards, etc. to make happy. After all, if it wasn't for people like us they would not be in business. Sadness.

Bill Martin - Just as a side note - your (Alliance) 20 models is minor compared to the automotive, motorcycle, and aircraft industries. I can acquire complete schematics for almost every model for the last fifty years. One of the reasons I purchased my 370FB was because you touted being a premier manufacturer - you should step up your game before you make such claims.

The youtube video link -min 27 - has Ryan Brady (one of the owners) stating schematics are available to their customers.
Just for the record - I am not mad - just disappointed!

Last edited:

Dave Haskell

Wiring schematics should be avaliable even if there are differences in routing. Color and device location should be easily done.

RockingRK

I agree with the comments here. A schematic does not show specific routing, but does show the start, end and any taps along the way. Key example is the inverter. Would like to know which outlets are connected to the inverter. I can trace that out by disconnecting shore power and then testing each AC outlet, but why should I have to do that?
P.S. - I've been in the space industry (satellites) for over 40 years. Having a schematic doesn't mean everything is connected correctly, but sure makes troubleshooting easier.

dhcolesj

I 2nd those motions. I've worked on Cars, Buildings, and Helicopters and everyone had both wiring and fluid diagrams.
They also had drafting outlines, which laid out the exterior measurements, waterlines/centerlines, etc.

CharlieO

We have a 30RLS and the inverter was to be wired to 5 dedicated outlets. Only 4 were wired correctly. Color coding and schematics only work if the person doing the wiring understands them.