• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Refrigerator Leveling

Mkstn1400

I have a problem where the Samsung refrigerator is not level. It tilts substantially to the rear. Dealer says there is no way to get it level. Maybe it’s missing the leveling feet on the rear. I have no idea but there has to be some way to shim it up. Any suggestions?

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Good morning. Can you share some pictures so we get a feel for the tilt you are seeing. Something that shows how it is angled in comparison to the cabinet frame surrounding it. Also with that said the residential refrigerators can fairly easily be pulled out of their cabinet space. There is a metal band just above the freezer that is screwed into the stiles on each side of the fridge. If you remove that the refrigerator should just roll out.

Mkstn1400

Here are some photos showing top and bottom. Click to enlarge

Attachments

• B875C5CD-5D7C-49C9-97D1-3B54F53BCE02.jpeg
    B875C5CD-5D7C-49C9-97D1-3B54F53BCE02.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 23
  • F6ED397F-8691-45A3-9449-19BBAA24B14E.jpeg
    F6ED397F-8691-45A3-9449-19BBAA24B14E.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 23
  • CC3F8EE7-BA7A-4BE5-B62C-2FF6A71DDD12.jpeg
    CC3F8EE7-BA7A-4BE5-B62C-2FF6A71DDD12.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 23

John R

Just got our 385 last month. Noticed my Samsung was doing the same thing when I pulled it out to hook up the ice maker. There aren’t any adjustment feet on the rear. The front feet were down as far as they would go. The problem looks like that the front of the fridge is up because of the slide floor has the metal plate under it. I cut 2 pieces of 1/4” plywood about 4” x 12” and cut a sharp angle on one end. Pulled the fridge out again and placed them on the floor in the back. Slid fridge back in and is now much better

J. Thomas

I have just the opposite problem with our LG residential refrigerator, it is leaning out at the top. I asked on Facebook, and maybe on here, how to fix it, but no one was ever able to answer the question. Ours vibrated outward during a long rough road trip, and actually tilted forward enough that only the door closing straps kept it from falling over. We pushed it back into place, but it has had a forward lean ever since. Since it works ok, I have just given up on fixing it. If I ever get up by the factory, I will have them look at it.
Jeff