• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Refrigerator door travel retainer

Coltsdad

I figured out just the small knob wouldn't keep the door closed while we are moving the rig. I made a trip to Walmart and found a small cutting board that was just what I was looking for. I drilled hole in the middle added some self adhesive felt on the back side to keep from scratching the doors and we haven't had door problems since.
Alliance fridge lock (2).jpg

LJM

That is a great idea but the problem I have is the retainer bar that goes across is under the right hand door when it is closed and their is no adjustment to keep it from under the seal. It is causing moisture to accumulate. The hinges are too big to let the retainer move enough. It worked great in my old Montana but with this newer Samsung fridge it will not work. I hope someone has a solution.

Likin' Bikin'

Having similar issue w our Samsung. open a door, close it, and chime starts in to close door. thought the retainer strap was main issue. removed it - didn't seem to make a huge difference. You can push the doors in, and usually stops the dinging. But not always.

I have found that the retainer bar can interfere with the doors closing all the way if the bar bows out from tightening the end screws too much which pushes on the hinges and bows the middle. I put some waters as spacers between the bar and the bracket it screws into to keep the bar straight. I also used some thread locker on the screws to keep them from backing out during travel. Doors now close all the way.