• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Reclaim hidden space in cabinets

Tom S

In our 310RL and I assume all the other models you can find hidden space behind the panels that are used to hide wires and pipe. Places to look include: the lower cabinets on both sides of stove. Cabinet under hutch, cabinet under bathroom sink. Any where you see one of these panels there is a good chance you can gain more space. Remove the screws and slide the panel back and screw it back down.

Lower right stove cabinet
IMG_2192.jpg

Behind the panel Fridge (residential) and ice make connection
IMG_2193.jpg

Extra space after panel is moved.
IMG_2194.jpg

Several inches added by trimming the vertical edge of the angled corner under the sink with a utility knife and straight edge.
IMG_2656.jpg

tmorris

Don’t forget the panel under the drawers in the bedroom. Not my idea Aditya’s on a forum but on the list to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know why Alliance cuts the top part of the dresser, so only 2/3's of the top opens? Seems like allowing the entire top to open would give us more space as well.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 174128.jpg

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Anyone know why Alliance cuts the top part of the dresser, so only 2/3's of the top opens? Seems like allowing the entire top to open would give us more space as well.

Jim - I think it could be one of two reasons, or maybe both. It's designed to be "hidden storage". Think jewelry, wallets, things that go bang etc.

Possible reason 1: If you draped a 12" wide runner across that dresser top, the separation line between the 2 top pieces is hidden.

Possible reason 2: Leaving some space behind the section that lifts up, gives you a place to slide your surface stored items for when you need to lift the top up.