• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI) CHECKLIST

Ed&Syl

Just got word that our new Paradigm 340RL will be ready for pick up next Monday. I know some of you have recently taken possession of your new units and I was wondering if anyone could share their PDI experience or a good checklist.

My dealership seems reputable and I am confident they and Alliance will do the right thing but I want to be as thorough as possible in this inspection. It is sort of a one shot deal based on my previous RV buying experiences.

Any help appreciated!

My wife and I take possession next Friday of our new Avenue and would like some guidance as well. First 5th wheel for us.
Thank you!

HelotesAg

This is the RIDICULOUS list that I made for myself when I went to pick mine up. Ours has a generator so I tested some electrical things on shore power, with the generator, or from the battery. It's kind of over the top, but this is what I did. We found a few minor things that the dealer fixed there before we took it. One corner of the island was loose, the rear MCD shade needed adjustment, and they calibrated the self level for us.

Here's the list:
• Things to take
Pyrex for microwave
Polarity tester/Plug-In volt meter
Flashlight
Something to plug in
Tire gauge
Water?

• Fireplace
• Leveling system
Auto level
Manual operation
Truck recall

• All faucets
Test on battery only ( disconnect shore power)
Hot and Cold

• Hot water heater
Operational
Drain
Run on gas

• Test all Outlets & USB ports
• Microwave
• Stove & Oven
lights
all burners
exhaust fan
oven

• TVs
• Generator
start/stop
run w/AC's

• MCD shades , blinds - all
• Baggage latches
• Drawers
• Couch
unfold
secured to floor

• Reclining chairs
operation
secured to floor

• ACs
Fan only
Compressors
Filters

• Furnace
• Fridge
Operation
Freezer
Ice maker
secured to floor
Test with shore power disconnected

• Slides
Operation
Check for loose screws on floor

• Awnings
Partial extend
Rain tilt

• Drawers
• Interior doors operation
(2 plus closet)
• Dining chairs unfold
• Lights
Test all,dim,
Accent lights
Pantry lights
Test on battery only ( disconnect shore power)

• Exhaust fans
• Dump valves
• Water fill
Fresh water overflow
• Stereo
Indoor and outdoor operation
• Windows
Open & Close every window
• Cabinets & drawers
Open and close every one
• Counter tops
Lift up on them
• Disconnect shore power
Lights
Water pump
Fridge

• Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Inverter Operation
Is there a GFCI plug on top?
• Identify Transfer Switch
• LP Gas BBQ Quick Disconnect
Does the hose need a regulator
• Look at wiring harnesses under slides
thinking about light problems in slides of Wildcat
• Spare Tire
How to access

Ed&Syl

Doesn't look at all ridiculous! Thank you very much.

I watched a few YouTube videos on PDI. Some good into there and some not so good. I found some other check sheets that can be downloaded too. I have attached one I found that covers the basics.

The dealer said the PDI takes about 1.5 hours. I plan to spend a great deal more time going over everything myself. Although I am very excited to bring the new baby home, I realize that once I leave the lot I am in line with every other warranty claim customer. I want as much perfection as possible when I leave the lot, even if that means leaving it a day or two longer.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you on the road soon.

Attachments

• PDC_AB.pdf
    27.2 KB · Views: 91

Whitewolf

Exactly. Great list with some things I never would have thought of, like lifting up on the counter tops. :)

The only thing I can think of to add is going up on the roof to check things out up there. A/C covers, antenna, vent pipes, sealant, awning attachments, and what ever else you have up there. Touch and wiggle everything.

I've thought seriously about hiring and inspector like Southernlady suggested because it's a great idea. But personally, I guess I want a more hands on look.

Ed&Syl

I added some specific items to the checksheet based on Alliance models from watching Youtube videos. Maybe this will help out anyone taking delivery of an Alliance product soon.

Attachments

• PDC_AB.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 65

jayc

The main thing to remember about a PDI is to perform it COMPLETELY before signing any acceptance paperwork and that no money changes hands until All repairs have been made. If you must return to the dealer, it's much easier to go back without dragging your trailer along and they won't put you off on getting the work done.

Ed&Syl

So, Day 1 of PDI went... okay. Didn't expect this to be a multi-day event but here we are. We had the dealer install the Progressive industries Electric management system and that caused some issues. Dealer was absolutely great about resolving but bottom line... we need to go back to dealer tomorrow to finish PDI and take delivery. I am not really upset about this as I want things right, not quick and luckily, dealer is only an hour away.

We also discovered one of the ACs was pretty significantly damaged. On start up, it made a lot of noise. Upon inspection there was visible damage to the shroud, frame and compressor. So, I advise anyone doing a PDI soon... be thorough. Don't expect perfection, that won't happen - but work closely with your dealer and set an expectation that you will be thorough in your inspection. Other minor things we found were resolved on the spot. Running gear and chassis look strong as expected.

There is some loose wiring simply hanging about that I will zip tie later. Look around the leveling and landing gear for wiring hanging with wire nuts that water may be able to get to. Will try to post some photos.

Also, expected LG 4k Smart TVs but unit was delivered with Insignia TVs. Understandable with supply chain issues but I was hoping to have LG since that is what is in the house already!

There was a fair amount of sawdust and dirt around, especially in the drawers and storage so I will be shop-vaccing before we camp. Dealer sent cleaners back in as we were leaving so perhaps they will resolve but don't expect white glove clean.

Finally, unit was winterized when we arrived - precluding an op-test of water, tank level indicators, etc. Tomorrow we will fill all tanks, run pumps and check everything and then re-winterize. I stopped on the way home and bought a case of RV anti-freeze to avoid paying the dealer $150 bucks to re-winterize. I simply will not leave without actually checking those systems as my first camping trip is about 10 days away and I don't like hoping as a plan.

Whew... busy day. Get a good night's sleep and eat well before your PDI - it is an exhausting process.

Ed&Syl

All is well that ends well! Finished up the PDI yesterday - everything looked and tested out great. Was a bit painful but I am confident we got about as good as possible through the inspection. There will definitely be other issues - I have enough RV experience to know that but I am loving the overall quality of my new 340RL - particularly on the important items like chassis and running gear. So, hope to see some of you on the open road soon! Our first trip out is to Taccoa Falls / Blue Ridge area of Georgia in a week or so. Should be nice!

We finally took our new 32RLS home this past Friday! We did a very detailed PDI and have a list of things needing fixed or tweaked. Couple things stood out to us.
1-Missing microwave packet (glass turntable, screens ,and instructions.)
2-Damage to drawers.
3-Only one door in whole unit with a slow closer.
4-Missing outside shower hose.
5-Bottom side of nose where the hitch is, not properly attached and very loose.
Overall we are very happy with our new unit but disappointed about the lack of slow closers on the doors and drawers as we have seen everything advertised on the Avenue with slow closing everything.
Ready to go on our shakedown in 2 weeks!
Looking forward too meeting new Friends at the Rally in May!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 10.55.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 10.55.35 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 21

Todd80

We're on our 3rd camper, and none of them were perfect. Overall your list is really short and hopefully your dealer has or will correct the issues without any problem. Enjoy your new Avenue!!!

PapaBigGuy1

I watched a few YouTube videos on PDI. Some good into there and some not so good. I found some other check sheets that can be downloaded too. I have attached one I found that covers the basics.

The dealer said the PDI takes about 1.5 hours. I plan to spend a great deal more time going over everything myself. Although I am very excited to bring the new baby home, I realize that once I leave the lot I am in line with every other warranty claim customer. I want as much perfection as possible when I leave the lot, even if that means leaving it a day or two longer.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you on the road soon.
We’re doing our PDI on Thursday, so this list is awesome. I’m like you, “as much perfection as possible”. You can only “start right” once. Thanks. Happy trails!