• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New owner 310 rls

Just moved in to our new 2022 310 rl as full time owners. Wife loves the extra room from our old reflection 303 rls. Lots of new bells and whistles to relearn.
One question:
Tow rig is 2021 ram 3500 diesel. Brought trailer home 500 miles from Winnemucca NV with out any trailer brakes. Truck not talking to RV. Tried light, heavy, heavy over hydraulic. Nada. Any one have similar experience?

srheug

Just moved in to our new 2022 310 rl as full time owners. Wife loves the extra room from our old reflection 303 rls. Lots of new bells and whistles to relearn.
One question:
Tow rig is 2021 ram 3500 diesel. Brought trailer home 500 miles from Winnemucca NV with out any trailer brakes. Truck not talking to RV. Tried light, heavy, heavy over hydraulic. Nada. Any one have similar experience?
Good luck with the brakes. Let us know what you find out

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
One question:
Do you have disc brakes on the RV? If not, then do not use the electric over hydraulic setting on the truck brake controller.

You may wish to take the cover off the junction box for the 7-wire harness at the back of the RV pinbox. Take a look in there to make sure all the nuts are tight on the posts in there.

To test if the RV brakes work on their own, you could try this:
- RV connected to truck, 7-wire connected to truck, jacks up, ready to tow
- Pull pin on break-away switch on driver side of pin box
- Start truck, put into gear and slowly try to pull forward. If you're met with resistance, the RV brakes are working. If no resistance, the RV brakes may not be working
- Replace the break-away pin as soon as you complete the test

DWKX31

We got a 23 340rl with 8k axles and disc brakes. I called Dexter axel and they said I need a module to be capable with my GMC .