• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lithium battery upgrade

TJJ

Has anyone upgraded to a lithium battery?And if so will I have to upgrade the converter to be able to charge them.I gather that they need a different charging profile.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Has anyone upgraded to a lithium battery?And if so will I have to upgrade the converter to be able to charge them.I gather that they need a different charging profile.

Yes, you can do this upgrade and depending on how many batteries you're adding, you can change the converter over to Lithium by changing the position of the Converter Output Mode via a tiny microswitch to the Li position.

Download the manual for your power center form this Resource page: https://alliancerv.com/academy/owne...-center-progressive-dynamics-installation-and

On page 2 of that manual, you'll see a diagram showing where the Converter Output Mode switch is.

And here's what the manual says about it:
OPTIONAL OUTPUT MODE SWITCH: The optional OUTPUT MODE SWITCH sets the converter output to either a constant 14.6VDC with the Charge Wizard® disabled (switch in ‘LI’ position) or a nominal 13.6VDC with full Charge Wizard® function (switch in ‘LA’ position). ‘LI’ mode is intended for use with lithium batteries with a BMS requiring a constant converter output. ‘LA’ mode is intended for use with lead/acid batteries where the Charge Wizard® will optimize battery charging.

Last edited:

jbarnes

Jim - great info. The link you mentioned doesn’t work, at least I couldn’t get it to. Is there an updated link.

Focker

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Last edited:

Focker

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 9.18.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 9.18.03 AM.png
    139 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator: