• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lithium battery maintenance

Kcamp99186

I have a 2021 340RL with the solar option (190W panel, 2000w inverter, 30A controller). I've added a second 190W panel and 2 100Ah Battleborn Heated Batteries. I am not a full timer, we use our coach several times a year for short trips and are planning some longer ventures now that my wife has retired. When in storage I turn off the battery disconnect, but that does leave the panels connected to the batteries. So far it has kept my batteries fully charged, but I am seeing some FB posts saying that will reduce battery life. Would anyone have recommendations for the proper method of storage?

Reinette

We have 2 100 Ah Battleborn batteries as well, not heated. Ours are not heated. So far when have placed our unit in storage we have not thrown the battery disconnect. We will be doing a follow up call to Battleborn for recommendations.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
In my previous coach, I had 6 Battleborn batteries. I never turned them off for storage. My storage was either outside and not plugged in, yet being charged by solar or indoors and plugged in and being charged by the charger in the inverter.

Something to consider when storing and turning off the battery switch is knowing whether or not there is still something powered and what that draw is.

To know with 100% certainty there is no load, you could install a switch on the positive lead at the battery. Be sure the switch is rated for tour max DC current draw. I like Blue Sea Systems switches.