• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Let's see your tow vehicle!

2021 Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, Aisin trans., 4.10 diff. gears, factory air suspension

Attachments

• IMG_7808_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7808_Original.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 8
We haven't bought the truck just yet....but here is what the tow ratings are:
for the 2022 Ram 1500 with the 3.21 rear axle the payload is 1780 and the trailer weight is 8190
with the 3.92 rear axle the payload is 1780 and the trailer weight is 11290.
So I'm thinking the payload could be a problem but I'm hoping the 1500 will do the trick....we don't have a lot of money....

Bozo

A lower end 3/4 would be better. Your 1500 will do it better with the 3.92 gear and could add weight distributing hitch but that can create issues if the frame is not stout enough on the trailer. A 3/4 ton with the hemi gets you better payload and towing for not that much money. I started with a 2500 tradesman….very capable truck, it was a diesel, so payload was not there for me and my 5ers. Upgraded to dually during Covid craziness. Got more than I paid for the truck initially.

BryanValRox

As Bozo said, research your truck numbers. Compare those to your trailer numbers. Be sure to include any upgrades that you might have speced.
It is only my opinion, but on the surface, And without knowing specifics of the proposed set up, I would think that you would be over weight trying to use a Ram 1500.
Remember you need some Safety Margin as well.
Remember everything and I mean everything, you place in or on the truck reduces the payload available and impacts the numbers below.
Important check points:
GVW
GVWR
GCVWR
Payload
Front Axle Weight Rating
Rear Axle Weight Rating
Tire Weight Rating
Trailer GVWR
Trailer Payload Capacity
Tongue Weight/Hitch weight

We have friends using an F250 to pull a Delta RK. I don’t know their specific numbers.

I suggest a pause, deep breath, and a lot of research. Don’t take a salesperson’s word , make them prove out the numbers on the unit that you are trying to buy.
Best regards

Thanks for that Bryan, Yes, the Ram 1500 can pull it but would be overloaded on the payload.....We are looking at 2020 Ram 2500 and that is what we will be buying. The payload difference is: Ram 1500 1780 lbs.......Ram 2500 3690 lbs.....big difference.