• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Leaking Jack leaking

G.B.

image.jpgI have a leveling jack on my off door side that is leaking. I can see the hydraulic fluid all over the foot. Anybody else experienced this? Is the repair easy to do?

J. Thomas

If it is under warranty, they will provide a new jack for free. I have one that leaked and they just sent me a new one. Change out looks really easy and I plan to do it myself when the weather warms up.

G.B.

If it is under warranty, they will provide a new jack for free. I have one that leaked and they just sent me a new one. Change out looks really easy and I plan to do it myself when the weather warms up.
Not under factory warranty anymore but I did buy an extended warranty, so maybe I can get it took care of that way. Will be interested in how changing it out goes. Thanks.

TheRayQuelines

Having similar issues with our 372RK purchased in December. First trip of this season (local) next weekend. Dealer is telling me that are awaiting preauth from mfg for warranty. Is there anything "simple" I should check in the meantime?

Attachments

• 20220306_135242.jpg
    20220306_135242.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220306_132858.jpg
    20220306_132858.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 10

J. Thomas

If it is leaking at the bottom, you can check the bolts that hold the endcap on the cylinder. That is about it. It is probably a bad seal. At the top, a leak could be from a loose hose, again, that is about the only place up there.
Jeff

TheRayQuelines

If it is leaking at the bottom, you can check the bolts that hold the endcap on the cylinder. That is about it. It is probably a bad seal. At the top, a leak could be from a loose hose, again, that is about the only place up there.
Jeff
Thanks- I tend to overthink things however I assume it would be best to tighten with jacks retracted?

Trent Mills

Check out the "Resources" tab. There is a link to a Lippert page with several manuals on the system. I also loaded a manual with detailed installation and a parts list.