• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Kitchen Island Insert - How to reattach?

Ray & Dawn Karl

Ok I fix the problem that cause it but not sure the best way to attack the cabinet insert. Any ideal the best way to fix this. I don't want to crack the insert tryig to get back into place.

Thank Ray

Attachments

• 20211209_144509.jpg
    20211209_144509.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211209_144518.jpg
    20211209_144518.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 31

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @Ray & Dawn Karl - for this repair, I would remove the panel, then remove all the staples in the panel by pushing them out from the pin end, then pull them out from the side they were stapled in from. I would also remove any staples that remained in the cabinet stiles from pulling through the panel.

To reattach the panel, I would use very short crown staples in a pneumatic crown stapler. Getting the air pressure set well is key as it will affect your fastener depth into your panel and into the stile. Test shooting a staple through the edge of the panel into a scrap piece of lumber and get your pressures dialed in, then reattach to the cabinet.

If you wish to speak with our Customer Service Team about this, kindly send them an email at service@alliancerv.com.
Include:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- The last 6 digits of your VIN
- These photos
- Your question

Hope this helps.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Hi @Ray & Dawn Karl - for this repair, I would remove the panel, then remove all the staples in the panel by pushing them out from the pin end, then pull them out from the side they were stapled in from. I would also remove any staples that remained in the cabinet stiles from pulling through the panel.

To reattach the panel, I would use very short crown staples in a pneumatic crown stapler. Getting the air pressure set well is key as it will affect your fastener depth into your panel and into the stile. Test shooting a staple through the edge of the panel into a scrap piece of lumber and get your pressures dialed in, then reattach to the cabinet.

If you wish to speak with our Customer Service Team about this, kindly send them an email at service@alliancerv.com.
Include:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- The last 6 digits of your VIN
- These photos
- Your question

Hope this helps.
I was thinking in those line of attack, was hoping there might have been an easier way.

Thanks
Ray

We had the same issue with the cabinetry where the power panel is attached. To open and close the power panel you have to push on the door so you are always pushing against that panel. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to use staples there. Since I could get to the back of that panel I re-attached it with 1/2" #6 pan-head screws. The bottom shelf of the pantry fell off since it was only held in place by staples with no support. Used the same treatment for that repair.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Sorry for the time frame in this post. I finally got around to fixing this panel after moving the seat back a little so it doesn't hit the it when slides are in. Just to let you know that the panel will not come out from inside of cabinet. They installed a panel over it so it doesn't pop out. You will need to push as many of the staple back that you can then be able to push panel flush against the cabinet. I used a air power trim gun to nail back in place.