• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Kitchen and living room slideouts

Leo

943232BF-6B09-49A3-9CB4-44B77B31ED7A.jpegHi. Read the thread/post about the wear plates.
Question: Are wear plates supppsed to be above the metal slide bar?
Mine are under the metal slide bar and bottoms of floor slide on the metal not the nylon wear plate.

Pictures 3&4 are of kitchen slideout that is missing the floor wear plate. Picture 4 is what damage is being done to floor covering. Picture 3 shows one wear bar under and one over metal slide plate.

It appears to me that nylon wear strips inside are under metal slide bar and sharp edge of metal slide plate is scraping the floor bottom.
Glue from missing floor wear plate is now being smeared on floor.
image.jpgimage.jpg943232BF-6B09-49A3-9CB4-44B77B31ED7A.jpeg6C7F96C9-254F-4A7C-B7E7-06F6757559A7.jpeg

basamatic

Hello I'm ted I have a 2021 390mp I'm having The same problem with my living room and kitchen slide out.
My living room slide out, I get plastic shaving on the floor every time it goes in and out and my kitchen slide out gets clue on the floor every time it goes in and out and I also notice that there is a gap at the top of the kitchen slide out and the bottom is flush with wall is there a fix for this and should the black were pads be on top of the metal or under the metal please any info would be great

Leo

Hello I'm ted I have a 2021 390mp I'm having The same problem with my living room and kitchen slide out.
My living room slide out, I get plastic shaving on the floor every time it goes in and out and my kitchen slide out gets clue on the floor every time it goes in and out and I also notice that there is a gap at the top of the kitchen slide out and the bottom is flush with wall is there a fix for this and should the black were pads be on top of the metal or under the metal please any info would be great
Metal should be under plastic wear pieces.
I had to take mine back to dealer to fix floor under slideout and install a new plastic wear plate on floor.
I would recommend calling Alliance customer service for parts

Leo

Metal should be under plastic wear pieces.
I had to take mine back to dealer to fix floor under slideout and install a new plastic wear plate on floor.
I would recommend calling Alliance customer service for parts
Sorry hit wrong button!
The metal piece is sharp and it peels plastic off of bottom plastic floor slide and eventually wears through plastic floor slide and begins to tear up floor coating and dig into the wood flooring on bottom. That is why your pictures show bare wood on bottom of flooring.
I was able to reposition the plastic slides to be above metal wear plate to stop damage until dealer could fix bottom of floor/slides.

dwcfish

I will add this - on my rig the screws on the plastic slides in the rig were stripped out causing them to wear through the ski and ultimately destroyed the ski. I changed the screws on the plastic slides in the rig and then had to replace the ski's - 2 of them. The process is not that complicated - several youtube videos out there showing how it is done. Probably took less than 1.5 hrs for the 2 ski's

Shelly S

I noticed on the outside of my kitchen slide this piece is broken on the one side. Does anyone know the proper name for that piece?

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 19

rgeyer

I noticed on the outside of my kitchen slide this piece is broken on the one side. Does anyone know the proper name for that piece?
It's a slide ski. Contact Alliance they have a newer version that's pretty good. They're not hard to change out. I posted a couple videos here you can search for