• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Internet cabinet

We installed the PepWave Max Transit Duo and the Poynting antenna on the roof. We used the storage cabinet on the driver side to mount it on the wall. Overall we have been very happy with the internet considering it is cellular based. We cannot wait for satellite Internet nationwide.

Attachments

• B581C2BA-E5C7-47A4-AEB2-35FE6214FB86.jpeg
    B581C2BA-E5C7-47A4-AEB2-35FE6214FB86.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2AC28244-B8C4-450C-9201-D9ED5398E560.jpeg
    2AC28244-B8C4-450C-9201-D9ED5398E560.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 27
  • D8C23E9E-9270-407A-8295-2D07F42315AF.jpeg
    D8C23E9E-9270-407A-8295-2D07F42315AF.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 27

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Looking good Chris and Martha! I’ll be installing my Max Transit Duo in my Paradigm 340 pretty soon. It’s a reinstall from my previous RV. I also bought another Poynting 7-in-1 antenna for the Paradigm as I left the same on the previous RV.

Thanks for sharing your install!

Hey Jim, I was thinking about our conversation yesterday and elevating the poynting antenna. Do you have any friends with 3D printers? Having a 3D printed spacer would work extremely well. If you do, I would be interested in buying a spacer for mine also.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hey Chris - No 3D printer connection here. There is an Alliance owner who travels with one though. She made those towel hooks for the shower door header rail.

That said, I plan to elevate mine to 13” from the deck to the top of the antenna. Normally, I’d use flat bar stock and bend it as needed but I have a lot of 1’ aluminum angle stock and plan to use that. I’ll cut it into lengths, screw it together and paint it white.

I probably have enough to make you one as well if you want :)

Hey Chris - No 3D printer connection here. There is an Alliance owner who travels with one though. She made those towel hooks for the shower door header rail.

That said, I plan to elevate mine to 13” from the deck to the top of the antenna. Normally, I’d use flat bar stock and bend it as needed but I have a lot of 1’ aluminum angle stock and plan to use that. I’ll cut it into lengths, screw it together and paint it white.

I probably have enough to make you one as well if you want :)
Hey Jim, I just saw this and that is a great solution. The way you have it designed you don’t have to move it once it is in place? My hillbilly engineering was going to be a schedule 40 PVC using a heavy duty suction cup and secure it to the side of the trailer when parked. The problem is having to tie it down every time I move. I like where your going a lot better.

Charles Tyer

Owner Empowerment Advisor
Staff member
Alliance related Facebook Admin
Hey Jim, I was thinking about our conversation yesterday and elevating the poynting antenna. Do you have any friends with 3D printers? Having a 3D printed spacer would work extremely well. If you do, I would be interested in buying a spacer for mine also.
I realize that I am late in responding to this thread. However, if you still need a contact for an Alliance owner who has a 3Dprinter, contact Susan Eshelman.