• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

GMC Pro Trailer camera

I mounted it right beside the camera prep. The camera came with two bolts to attach the bracket to the trailer, but I used a couple of spare screws I had instead. When we get it back from service, I’ll try to get a couple photos.
I will be mounting mine sometime soon. When you mounted the camera to the exterior wall with screws, what did the screws go into? Just the exterior thin wall, something behind the exterior wall, a frame, etc... I'm just trying to figure out what type of fastener to use and how long. Mine is a 340RL, possible I might have the wood cabinets to screw into that is above the rear couch.

RVlife

I finally got the GM camera installed over the weekend. The cord is long enough to run the length of the roof, down the side behind the front cap seam, over to the pin box area and down to the port in the bumper. I really like having this view as we drive. This is on a Paradigm 372RK and 2022 GMC.

View attachment 430
Can you tell me which gmc camera you purchased? Thank you 😊

TG74

I will be mounting mine sometime soon. When you mounted the camera to the exterior wall with screws, what did the screws go into? Just the exterior thin wall, something behind the exterior wall, a frame, etc... I'm just trying to figure out what type of fastener to use and how long. Mine is a 340RL, possible I might have the wood cabinets to screw into that is above the rear couch.
I just put the screws into the back wall after pre-drilling pilot holes.

BirchyBoy

I’ve been wanting to switch from the VisionWorks system to the GMC system for my ‘21 3500 Denali. I don’t care about the transparent view but would prefer the image on the radio instead of a the extra monitor.

Has anyone moved the camera connection to the bed instead of the bumper? I’ve seen others that have done it but it doesn’t look fun.

Shelly S

I’ve been wanting to switch from the VisionWorks system to the GMC system for my ‘21 3500 Denali. I don’t care about the transparent view but would prefer the image on the radio instead of a the extra monitor.

Has anyone moved the camera connection to the bed instead of the bumper? I’ve seen others that have done it but it doesn’t look fun.
I just installed mine yesterday for my valor. I did not move the connection from the bumper. It does display on the infotainment screen of my truck. I have a 2020 gmc Denali 3500hd.
Why do you want to move the connection into the bed?

kmac7800

There is another forum out there for GM-Trucks (can PM if you want) where a guy documents the move from his bumper to the bed. I printed out the relevant portion of his post, order the cables he suggested and took it to my local stereo install shop. It cost $50 for them to do the work. Best $50 I have ever spent on the truck (in relation to cameras).

YMMV. Good luck and have fun!

//KMac

Shelly S

There is another forum out there for GM-Trucks (can PM if you want) where a guy documents the move from his bumper to the bed. I printed out the relevant portion of his post, order the cables he suggested and took it to my local stereo install shop. It cost $50 for them to do the work. Best $50 I have ever spent on the truck (in relation to cameras).

YMMV. Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
Do you have pics?

kmac7800

"Posted" the link in your profile. Not sure if this is the same thing as a "PM" or not. If a moderator can tell me if it is legal to post a link to another forum here, I will.

Thanks!

//KMac

BirchyBoy

I just installed mine yesterday for my valor. I did not move the connection from the bumper. It does display on the infotainment screen of my truck. I have a 2020 gmc Denali 3500hd.
Why do you want to move the connection into the bed?
I think it’s mainly to keep the connections together in the bed. It would also make opening the tailgate a bit easier.

kmac7800

I also tow a small utility trailer (ie converted golf cart trailer) that uses a flat four connection style, and it does not make sense to 1) run the cable into the bed of the truck for that, and 2) spend money on buying a7-way-to-flat-4 connector if you just move it. There is also the "convenience" of it being in the bed with with the other cable(s).

Thanks!

//KMac

Shelly S

That makes sense to me. I am ordering the cables to move mine as well.
I also tow a small utility trailer (ie converted golf cart trailer) that uses a flat four connection style, and it does not make sense to 1) run the cable into the bed of the truck for that, and 2) spend money on buying a7-way-to-flat-4 connector if you just move it. There is also the "convenience" of it being in the bed with with the other cable(s).

Thanks!

//KMac

Shelly S

Well I’m sure it is a smart move to move the camera connection to the bed. We are on the first leg of our trip and the darn cable has pulled out of the connector jack. Now it is useless! I am going to have to find out if I can get the cable repaired somewhere.
Anyone know ?

And I too am moving the connection to the bed.

kmac7800

You could try a local-to-your-location stereo/car electronics type store. They may be able to put a new end on.

Good luck!

//KMac