• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Fresh water capacity

HarveyTheRV

We have a 2021 310RL. I have used a calibrated water flow meter twice and can only get 84 gallons in the tank before it starts coming out of the overflow. Any idea why it won’t hold the 98 gallons that are advertised? I was told that the 12 gallon in the hot water was not included in the 98 gallons.

Whitewolf

That's a very good question. Do you know anyone else that has a flow meter that you can check against yours?

HarveyTheRV

Yes, a fellow rv’er had a water flow meter and it was the same thing. Well .2 gallons difference. We also used both meters to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Both were right on the money.
Alliance if your listening can you advise?

Todd80

Any RV I've owned the stated fresh water capacity DOES include the water heater capacity. Whether the fresh water tank is filled to the top or not is going to depend on the location of the fill tube inlet and vent hose on the tank.

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Good morning. The tank is classified as a 98 gallon fresh water tank by the mfg of it. With that said the tank is not fully rigid so can have some sag or low spots in it. Also there is no way we are aware of to ensure that a tank of this size is completely empty, even after opening the fresh water dump valve. It is very likely that there are still several gallons of water sitting in a corner or low spot in the tank.