• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Forum Feedback - tell us what what you think

Ed&Syl

Maybe an area or thread dedicated to camping in general. Notable accessories, tricks of the trade, great places to visit, etc I get that this is an Alliance forum but I like the idea of being able to share everything to do with camping (beyond the rigs) with other Allys.

RichieW13

That said, we’d love to hear from you.
  • What do you think about the forum after you’ve poked around it a bit?
It seems like there are too many forums and sub-forums. I kind of want to poke around just to see different discussions but I have to click into so many different sub forums to get there.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
It seems like there are too many forums and sub-forums. I kind of want to poke around just to see different discussions but I have to click into so many different sub forums to get there.
Hi @RichieW13 - thank you for the feedback.

Forums, especially those of a more technical nature, tend to be organized like we have with this one. It's done for ease of finding something on a specific topic.

An example might be, you're having an issue with your DC refrigerator. Here, you'd find all discussions on that under Appliances > Refrigeration > Refrigerators - DC.

So the construct of this forum is very different from say, Facebook for example. Both have their place and Facebook tends to be more conversational.

RichieW13

Hi @RichieW13 - thank you for the feedback.

Forums, especially those of a more technical nature, tend to be organized like we have with this one. It's done for ease of finding something on a specific topic.

An example might be, you're having an issue with your DC refrigerator. Here, you'd find all discussions on that under Appliances > Refrigeration > Refrigerators - DC.

So the construct of this forum is very different from say, Facebook for example. Both have their place and Facebook tends to be more conversational.
Yeah, easier to find a specific topic. But harder to find topics you don't know you are interested. Also, I think it's less likely people will answer questions in those subforums because they don't have a reason to go there.

For instance, if I have knowledge about DC refrigerators, but don't have any problems with a DC refrigerator, I probably won't visit that subforum. So I won't be able to answer questions that are asked there.

Thanks for the response.

Focker

The great way to see what is going on with the forum including all subforums is to hit the "new post" link and you will see everything posted since you have last been here. When you are done checking threads, click the "Mark Forums Read" and it will be all fresh when you come back.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Yeah, easier to find a specific topic. But harder to find topics you don't know you are interested. Also, I think it's less likely people will answer questions in those subforums because they don't have a reason to go there.

For instance, if I have knowledge about DC refrigerators, but don't have any problems with a DC refrigerator, I probably won't visit that subforum. So I won't be able to answer questions that are asked there.

Thanks for the response.
I was going to post the same as Focker - reading this forum using the What's New button at the top of each page is how many read it. It delivers only the content that is new to you. What's New.