• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

First trip out with plumbing problems

Hello All!
We are the proud owners of a Avenue 32RLS and are currently on our shakedown trip. First issue was a Tee fitting behind the water command center that has a pin hole in it. After two trips to Lowes and Home Depot I was able to install a bypass with a homemade pec’s set up. We will need to have this addressed possibly at the Rally in May. Second plumbing problem is the kitchen faucet drips ( pretty good drip) and I have
the shut off valves off but was wondering if anyone has a quick fix. Other than these few items we are in love with our new Avenue (Alice)

Whitewolf

Sounds like you have a faulty faucet seal. I don't know if Avenues have water shut offs for the faucets like Paradigms have. But since you're already worked with with Pex, you could add a shut-off on the side that's causing you problems. And get it fixed at the Rally along with the other leak. These shut offs work like SharkBites. Cut the line as straight as you can and slip the ends in. There may be other styles in the store. Since there's 2 in the pack you can add one to each side.

Thank you Whitewolf! They do have shut offs and that is what we are doing till fix. First time using Pex and thought I did ok. Electric is my field.

Whitewolf

Keep any rv long enough and you'll be a jack-of-all-trades before you know it. 😁

Among the tools I'll be taking when we pick up our Paradigm in a few weeks is my Pex cutter and clamp crimper. Just in case we run into problems similar to yours. 😄

I put together a kit with crimper,cutter,crimp removal tool,and various fittings. Thought it would be a good idea the day before we left,never carried plumbing tools in the last 5 campers! Lucky I guess.Hoping you guys enjoy your new Paradigm without hiccups!

Whitewolf

😂 That's pretty much the same stuff I'm taking.🤣 I figure what I forget, I'll get at a hardware of big box store.
Haven't taken deliver yet and already had a hiccup. They pulled it out of storage to get it ready for us and found a couple of broken windows. Had to order new.