• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Double side door refrigerator not locking

MyAvenue

Hello,
Before I take my 5W to service shop, I would like to ask if anyone had issues with refrigerator not locking during travel, all my food was on the floor.
My fridge is double sided door, freezer on the left and fridge on the right.
Maybe I just do not know how to lock it, I called dealership and they want to me bring the 5W in.
I would appreciate any guidance.
Thank you.
Nadia.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hello,
Before I take my 5W to service shop, I would like to ask if anyone had issues with refrigerator not locking during travel, all my food was on the floor.
My fridge is double sided door, freezer on the left and fridge on the right.
Maybe I just do not know how to lock it, I called dealership and they want to me bring the 5W in.
I would appreciate any guidance.
Thank you.
Nadia.
Hi Nadia - depending on which refrigerator you have, there should be some sort of locking mechanism. If it's a AC only powered refer, generally, we have a metal band around the refer with a knob with a threaded rod that connects to the metal band for travel.

For gas/AC refers, they are designed for mobile use and their doors handles are in fact latches.

For the DC only refers, I'm not sure what mechanism we use. Can you reply back with what Alliance RV brand you have as well as what brand and powering style of refer you have?

MyAvenue

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your reply.
My RV VIN. NC300275
RV Model. 30RLS
Fridge. Furrion
Fridge Model FCR16DCASA-SS
12V-DC
See attached please for details.
I did look around the fridge and there is nothing I can see that would secure doors.
Nadia.

Attachments

• 642F3A2C-3E7A-4016-819C-4DA433A69089.jpeg
    642F3A2C-3E7A-4016-819C-4DA433A69089.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 14
  • F92A6D21-2A0D-4DA4-BA81-695C59FEB3D5.jpeg
    F92A6D21-2A0D-4DA4-BA81-695C59FEB3D5.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @MyAvenue - I reviewed the manual for this refer and find no mention of locking or latches. Only this statement:
Always travel with the doors closed and ensure will not open during traveling.

With that said, I suggest you reach out to our team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your vin, name, phone and description of the issue / your experience. Also reference that you dialoged with me, that I reviewed the manual and could not confirm that the doors have a latch or lock. That's really what you're wanting to know I believe.

Another though and perhaps you should do this first... simply reach out to Furrion directly with your question.
800-789-3341 / support@furrion.com

Please circle back here with what you find out so we may leverage the response for others.

CornCrib

I don't have this model in my unit (I have the Norcold N15DC), but I've seen others with your model refer to a set of hooks on the top of the doors that would be used to put a strap (bungee?) around to hold shut while traveling.

1659633907294.png

MyAvenue

Hi @MyAvenue - I reviewed the manual for this refer and find no mention of locking or latches. Only this statement:

With that said, I suggest you reach out to our team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your vin, name, phone and description of the issue / your experience. Also reference that you dialoged with me, that I reviewed the manual and could not confirm that the doors have a latch or lock. That's really what you're wanting to know I believe.

Another though and perhaps you should do this first... simply reach out to Furrion directly with your question.
800-789-3341 / support@furrion.com

Please circle back here with what you find out so we may leverage the response for others.
I appreciate the information and appreciate your time for replying.
I talked to Furrion Manufacturer and couldn’t believe what they said 🙂. Quote “This fridge is not made to carry food inside while traveling as it doesn’t have a door lock” but it is made for the RV’s. It doesn’t make any sense to me. I had various RV’s for 15 years now and never had issues like this with fridge. At this point I am in contact with alliance and they are trying to find a solution for me.
Again thank you for your help.
Best regards.
Nadia.

MyAvenue

I don't have this model in my unit (I have the Norcold N15DC), but I've seen others with your model refer to a set of hooks on the top of the doors that would be used to put a strap (bungee?) around to hold shut while traveling.

View attachment 570
Hi @ CornPopper.
Thank you very much for the info and picture. I like that it’s on top invisible and not a strap around the fridge 😮. It seems like something would work for my fridge.
At this point. I am in contact with Alliance and hopefully they will come up with a solution something like showing on your picture.
Again I appreciate your time and information.
Best regards.
Nadia.

MikeLindaTarach

@MyAvenue - I learned that we have a piece that we can send you that goes on top of the doors to keep them secure. Kindly reach out to our team at service@alliancerv.com to obtain it. Thank you.
@Jim Beletti - I called Service to track parts for another issue. While on the phone with them, I asked about the latch for the 30RLS side by side fridge. I was told "talk to your dealer". Is this something we get from Alliance or from the dealer? Can you provide more detail (part number)? Why would emailing service work but calling and talking to a person, they had no idea what I was talking about?

Last edited: