• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Disappointed with our Paradigm

Elisen

We bought a brand-new alliance paradigm, two months ago and have had nothing but problems. Gray tank wouldn’t drain, bad gray tank sensor. bed hinges under mattress came off and plywood shifted off, staples popping out of the walls, trim over bed popped off etc etc. We’re waiting for replacement end tables, kitchen table, bathroom countertop. Honestly, I feel like we bought a used camper. We put everything we own into getting this so that we could have a nice fifth wheel to travel with now that we’re retired and there is always a problem. I believe we got a lemon.

dhcolesj

Man, I hate to hear that. Every brand of every kind of vehicle has those now and again, but that doesn't help you much.
I hope you can get this all worked out.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
We bought a brand-new alliance paradigm, two months ago and have had nothing but problems. Gray tank wouldn’t drain, bad gray tank sensor. bed hinges under mattress came off and plywood shifted off, staples popping out of the walls, trim over bed popped off etc etc. We’re waiting for replacement end tables, kitchen table, bathroom countertop. Honestly, I feel like we bought a used camper. We put everything we own into getting this so that we could have a nice fifth wheel to travel with now that we’re retired and there is always a problem. I believe we got a lemon.
@Elisen - sorry to hear about the issues you're having. is there any issue with the RV that you've tried to get taken care of, that you've not been able to get handled? I ask as I work for Alliance RV and I can connect you with our Customer Experience team if needed.

Elisen

@Elisen - sorry to hear about the issues you're having. is there any issue with the RV that you've tried to get taken care of, that you've not been able to get handled? I ask as I work for Alliance RV and I can connect you with our Customer Experience team if needed.
Since I wrote this, we have been at the dealer two more times trying to fix the issues, along with other that have arisen. We are still not happy with the responses the dealer is getting from alliance. Please text me the information I need to contact someone at alliance. 907-232-4147

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @Elisen - sorry to hear this isn't all resolved. I have passed your message onto our Service Team and asked that they reach out to you by phone or email. Thank you.

Elisen

Some of the issues alliance has already responded back to our dealer and said they aren’t approving the repair. When you pay big money for an RV, it should be in better condition than this. We purchased it from alliance because the reviews were good. So far I will have to say that we don’t agree. A few images. IMG_0399.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 83

darrell

My reply will not help the OP and I apologize for that. My intention is to help others who might be seeing this thread pre-purchase.

The pictures indicate things that should have been caught, mentioned, and repaired prior to accepting delivery of the trailer. It is not ideal that manufacturers are sending out RVs with obvious flaws, and it is unfortunate that dealers are selling RVs in this condition. Some things will not fail until they have been used some and may test find during a pre-delivery inspection (PDI), but these cosmetic issues should have been easy to see. The dealer will be far more interested in getting them fixed before you buy than after.

I will also say that after we bought our SOB trailer, the dealer we took our RV to for warranty service kept blaming the manufacturer for dragging their feet on warranty claims or flat out lying about them being delayed by parts or that they were not being approved. I am not saying that is going on here, but I would certainly follow up on this. A dealer who will lie about this will lie about other things. Best to use another dealer or mobile repair. Alliance is good about allowing repairs to be performed and will either pay directly or reimburse you for authorized work. I found them easy to work with and I was able to fix most of the things myself with Alliance shipping me the parts. Quickest way to get things done in my experience.

Last edited:

LuckyDog23

My reply won’t help either but I strongly believe that anyone should download and print Oregon Camper’s PDI checklist. I recently visited a dealer and he told me that the trailers are towed from Elkhart and the road conditions are so bad in some areas that they arrive with a lot of damage. From the photos it’s not apparent if these are problems caused by delivery. Unfortunately for us, our dealer is about 200 mi away and along I5 in California, one of the worst roads ever. We met a couple recently from Texas who had a lot of similar issues.

Guests on the Move

I agree with several others, all those are minor issues and if you would have done a proper PDI you would have found them prior to taking the unit off the lot. As for the tank sensors, I don’t care what brand you purchase, they are all unreliable and rarely work properly.

dandgnorthway

We just purchased a 2024 Valor 36V11. I opted to have an outside RV inspector look at it prior to agreeing to the purchase. We found several minor things (caulking missing, a screw missing from the trim, outside door that needs to be adjusted, improper seal on the black tank). The Inspector did MORE THAN I COULD HAVE DREAMED, and I think of myself as a very informed buyer. In all, he spent more than 4 hours going thru the rig from top to bottom and then some. Invest in the outside inspector, you will not regret it.