• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Clay Bar your paint!!

I had no idea just how easy it is to clay bar the paint on a vehicle. Detail shops charge a lot to do this, totally unnecessary because there is no skill required. Spray the panel, gently "wipe/glide" the clay bar across the wet area, and wipe it off. It is THAT simple. Its like wiping off a countertop. No machines needed. The clay bar attracts any minerals on the paint. Don't drop the bar or you'll have to toss it, because it holds onto dirt, and you could scratch the paint.

Water spots...gone.

To get a really good idea of how well this works, slip a plastic baggie or the plastic bag that one of the bars comes in over your fingers. Then wipe your fingers across the hood or trunk. It will feel like a moon scape. Then clay bar it, and feel it again. It will amaze you.

Wash the vehicle, dry it, then clay bar it. Follow up with whatever polish you like. I used Turtle Wax Ceramic coating. Easy to apply and my trucks paint feels like a newborn fresh off the factory floor.

You can use other products, but many suggested this $25 kit from Mothers. It worked perfectly for me. I will be using it on my rv shower doors next, followed by rain x.

Attachments

• 20211230_100657.jpg
    20211230_100657.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211229_150651.jpg
    20211229_150651.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 22