• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Awning issue

TJJ

For the life of me I cannot pitch the awnings.It seems like they are stuck in the channels and the detent pins will not push in enough to let the channels slide.During the dealer demo they did not demonstrate how to do it due to high wind.Both of the plastic squeeze pieces just fell out on my first attempt.What am I missing here?

Mazboy

two things i've learned about these awinings. one, never leave out for rain or wind!!! the rod coming out of the head will bend very easily.
High wind is a NO NO for these awnings.

as for the second thing, if you want to pitch your awning you just pull the short piece on one of the arms and it will angle down.

JWalker

It was a pain adjusting the awning pitch. I had to get on a ladder and really work the tabs while I pulled on the awning arm to release pressure. I eventually got all 4 set to the lowest setting, adding the most pitch to the awnings. They are staying there. Not adjusting back. Lol.

TJJ

It was a pain adjusting the awning pitch. I had to get on a ladder and really work the tabs while I pulled on the awning arm to release pressure. I eventually got all 4 set to the lowest setting, adding the most pitch to the awnings. They are staying there. Not adjusting back. Lol.
I did finally manage to pitch the awnings by doing exactly as you did.I did break one of the plastic tab things though.It is not a user friendly design.Cheers!🍻