• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Alliance Avenue storage door lock keys

CharlieO

I am going to replace my exterior storage locks with Bauer keyed alike cam locks. Before I order I would like to know if all Avenues have locks with the same Bauer key number?

Whitewolf

From what I understand all the storage locks are the same for everybody. Mine is 357 and I saw where someone else had the same number. Sorry, I don't know about Avenues, but if you already have Bauer basement locks, you can send them to Bauer and they will rekey them. About $15 each and you pay shipping. Call them for more info.

CharlieO

From what I understand all the storage locks are the same for everybody. Mine is 357 and I saw where someone else had the same number. Sorry, I don't know about Avenues, but if you already have Bauer basement locks, you can send them to Bauer and they will rekey them. About $15 each and you pay shipping. Call them for more info.
Thanks, but new locks are $12.99 from Bauer and they are 25% off this weekend! Going to order for every outside door.

Whitewolf

I have not seen an Avenue up close, but from pictures, it appears you have storage compartment latches. They would be different from cam locks. Cam locks are for your propane, front storage and leveler doors. Since I haven't seen one up close, I could always be wrong. I have been before. 🤣

CharlieO

I have not seen an Avenue up close, but from pictures, it appears you have storage compartment latches. They would be different from cam locks. Cam locks are for your propane, front storage and leveler doors. Since I haven't seen one up close, I could always be wrong. I have been before. 🤣
My bad...you are correct!!

CharlieO

I installed Bauer locks on the 2 propane compartment doors, leveling door & the front storage compartment (2 on each door) all keyed alike. Cost around $85. When I put my trailer in hibernation for the winter, I will remove the slam locks from the 2 storage compartments & send them to Bauer to key with the same number as the ones installed. 1 key for all compartments

Whitewolf

I ordered those electronic locks online and then contacted a locksmith to install it.
If you ordered from Bauer, it comes with detailed instructions.
Because the lock sticks out from the door further than the original, you may need to get ‘shims’ that go behind the handle mount, so the handle clears the lock.

JWalker

I installed Bauer locks on the 2 propane compartment doors, leveling door & the front storage compartment (2 on each door) all keyed alike. Cost around $85. When I put my trailer in hibernation for the winter, I will remove the slam locks from the 2 storage compartments & send them to Bauer to key with the same number as the ones installed. 1 key for all compartments
I thought I heard that you were not allowed to lock up propane compartments. That is one of the reasons the factory does not put locks on those doors. Have you ever heard anything on that?